We Love Esmeralda Weatherwax

Page 7 of 27 [ 425 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 27  Next

Esmerelda Weatherwax
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2018, 12:51 am

auntblabby wrote:
^^^imagine cats with human-level intelligence, just what would they be doing? :cat:

"I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people," said the man. "You're wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides."
-- Terry Pratchett, Guards! Guards!

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2018, 1:05 am

^^^ I can dig it :cat:

Britte
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2018, 1:35 am

Hi Esme and all of you. I love viewing the sweet, kitten photos that all of you post, although, I don't care to be around cats. I hope it's ok to drop in, here, being I am not a cat person, per se. I am quite fond of the :cat: emoji. :mrgreen:

Have a wonderful day / evening (depending on when you receive this...)

~Cheers : ))

Esmerelda Weatherwax
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2018, 12:52 pm

Britte, you're always welcome :-). One need not adore cats to be welcome here - dog lovers, rabbit owners, people who love fancy mice and pet rats and wildlife and birds all welcome. People who just love nature in the abstract also welcome.

Only "hater hobbyists" ain't welcome.

I just hired the perfect bouncer :-) and his backup (for anyone who has read Larry Niven's SF, I think these guys are both Kzinti - I'm sure the second one is)

"I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people," said the man. "You're wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides."

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2018, 1:02 pm

Nice seeing you again, Esme!

I'm about to embark on a culinary adventure. 8)

"A memory is something that has to be consciously recalled, right? But it's different from a memory locked deep within your heart. Words aren't the only way to tell someone how you feel...As long as I'm with you, as long as you're by my side, I won't give up even if I'm scared." Tifa Lockheart, Final Fantasy VII

Esmerelda Weatherwax
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2018, 1:10 pm

Yum! Did you post about it elsewhere? I'll go look :-)

Here is a link to a gorgeous picture of a Kitsune bard (Fox fae) - it seems to be commissioned art, so I don't want to show it here, but it's worth the click!

https://orig00.deviantart.net/48bd/f/20 ... a6h45y.jpg

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2018, 3:07 pm

Ooh, nice! Kitsune are one of my favourite Japanese mythological creatures.

"A memory is something that has to be consciously recalled, right? But it's different from a memory locked deep within your heart. Words aren't the only way to tell someone how you feel...As long as I'm with you, as long as you're by my side, I won't give up even if I'm scared." Tifa Lockheart, Final Fantasy VII

smudgedhorizon
Toucan
Toucan

23 Feb 2018, 3:23 pm

We sure do!
:heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:
Esmeralda Weatherwax you always have some clever things to say. Hope you don't mind me writing down some of your piece of wisdom for personal use :D I mean, I memorize proverbs, wise sayings, good arguments.

Britte
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2018, 3:26 pm

Esmerelda Weatherwax wrote:
Britte, you're always welcome :-). One need not adore cats to be welcome here - dog lovers, rabbit owners, people who love fancy mice and pet rats and wildlife and birds all welcome. People who just love nature in the abstract also welcome.

Only "hater hobbyists" ain't welcome.

I just hired the perfect bouncer :-) and his backup (for anyone who has read Larry Niven's SF, I think these guys are both Kzinti - I'm sure the second one is)

Thank you very much! I also hadn't realized that your user name wasn't your real name, until I read Ezra's post regarding Esmerelda Weatherwax. Yipes.

Thank you for your welcoming words and, for sharing the photos of your bouncer and his backup! They are fantastic! :mrgreen:

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2018, 4:42 pm

Esme, would you like some super yummy recipes?

Britte
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2018, 8:54 pm

Hi Esme, Just came by to wish you a nice weekend.

Hi Kura, I just noticed you were here when I came by, earlier, or would have extended a hello to you, too. I hope you had a nice day, and I hope you have a nice weekend, too!

:flower: :study: :cat: :chef:

Britte
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2018, 9:37 pm

I don't want to upset anyone, nor make a scene but this member is a puppet of another member, and not a genuine person. I would never risk harming anyone, thus, I would not be stating this if I thought there was the slightest chance this was a real member, beyond the member who is controling it. I have been using my phone, to visit here, today, and if I dont intentionally, scroll, or scroll to fast, I can miss seeing other's posts, or I would have mentioned it, earlier.

smudgedhorizon wrote:
We sure do!
:heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:
Esmeralda Weatherwax you always have some clever things to say. Hope you don't mind me writing down some of your piece of wisdom for personal use :D I mean, I memorize proverbs, wise sayings, good arguments.

Esmerelda Weatherwax
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2018, 9:46 pm

@smudgedhorizon: :oops: oh my. If you think anything I say is useful, or could be sometime, please feel free. :oops:

@Kuraudo: to quote Joyce - in the hypothetical - re those recipes (although he didn't refer to cookery, it's my chief vice after cats): yes I said yes I [would] Yes.

... also you would, really, love Seanan McGuire; several of her characters are Kitsune. I can't recall that you've read her? If not, and you might want to, do start at the beginning and go through them chronologically your first time through, the story arcs are definitely worth it.

@Britte: lovely big bruisers, aren't they? Born ratters I think :-) . Have a lovely weekend! If I can find a Cu Sidhe (Dog Fae) I'll bring him or her over here too.

Esmerelda Weatherwax
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2018, 9:47 pm

Hi Britte - we crossposted, I just saw your latest post.

>Sigh< life is so complicated. I'll check in with the mods.

Last edited by Esmerelda Weatherwax on 23 Feb 2018, 9:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2018, 9:48 pm

This tribute thread, I believe, will set a record ultimately.

Esmerelda Weatherwax
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2018, 9:51 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
This tribute thread, I believe, will set a record ultimately.

^^ Uh-oh. For most obnoxious tributee (that being me, just in case anyone isn't sure)?

I could see that...