We Love Esmeralda Weatherwax

Page 6 of 27 [ 425 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 27  Next

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2018, 8:58 pm

hope for you, Esme, that your weather there is warmer than my weather here. :)

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2018, 9:03 pm

Seconded! I'm eagerly awaiting spring.

"A memory is something that has to be consciously recalled, right? But it's different from a memory locked deep within your heart. Words aren't the only way to tell someone how you feel...As long as I'm with you, as long as you're by my side, I won't give up even if I'm scared." Tifa Lockheart, Final Fantasy VII

IstominFan
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2018, 9:19 pm

Another cat lover! Your cats are beautiful!

Esmerelda Weatherwax
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2018, 11:51 am

Hi all, sorry I missed this yesterday. I've been up til 2 AM or later several nights in a row (doing some PTSD desensitization that kickstarted my hypervigilance, and I forget to do the relaxation techniques because I feel safe enough, so it shows up as heightened alertness. Which I enjoy. Silly me.) So last night I ate a LOT of melatonin and crashed. It worked, I slept ten hours.

But I missed your kind posts.

So... other than the above I am doing fine, Kura; wishing our weather would settle so I could do some outside work, though. When it's warm, it's too muddy (don't want to tear up my lawn). Will be checking around here to see how your art, music are going. :-)

Blabs - I remember you mentioning snow (I lived in Eugene. Can't recall snow while I was there but am sure it happened. You're in WA IIRC?) Hope you're warm enough and hey, wear a hat, keep your eyes warm while you're healing!

Hi Istominfan, you've been away a bit I think? nice to see you; yeah, my cats have kept me going all my life, from childhood. I don't know how I'd manage without sharing my home with them. The pics above aren't my actual babies; I tend not to post actual photos, and I forgot to mention that when I put up that lovely tortie's picture. I do have one young tuxedo girl now and a dear older tortie, who's marked similarly, though, so you're seeing the best approximation I can come up with :-). Hope you've been well :-)

Hugs all around. And yikes, it's almost noon, I should have some breakfast STAT.

"I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people," said the man. "You're wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides."
-- Terry Pratchett, Guards! Guards!

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2018, 1:44 pm

I'm glad you are doing alright. :)

I got some new story ideas. :cheers:

"A memory is something that has to be consciously recalled, right? But it's different from a memory locked deep within your heart. Words aren't the only way to tell someone how you feel...As long as I'm with you, as long as you're by my side, I won't give up even if I'm scared." Tifa Lockheart, Final Fantasy VII

Esmerelda Weatherwax
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2018, 3:23 pm

(Kitties celebrating Kura's writing)

:-) Yay!! ! :-)

"I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people," said the man. "You're wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides."

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2018, 3:50 pm

I've fixed up Fairy Tails so that it fits in with the overall Songsphere storyline. Would you like me to send you the link again, once I've added the last story in it?

Esmerelda Weatherwax
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2018, 4:01 pm

ABSOLUTELY!

(Just posted this on Away/Back; duplicating it here because I don't want anyone to be concerned, if they don't see it there.)

I'll be off the site for a few days - I have a lot going on this week and have to "rewire" my sleep patterns, so I won't be here for a bit.

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2018, 4:02 pm

Okey-dokey. Hopefully I'll get that done by Wednesday at the latest. :mrgreen:

See you later.

IstominFan
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2018, 10:31 am

Esme,

I completely agree! My cats have been a source of comfort to me all my life. I love torties! I don't have any indoor cats now, but one of my ferals is a tortoiseshell Siamese.

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2018, 4:52 pm

Boo gave me several kisses today.

Esmerelda Weatherwax
Veteran
Veteran

22 Feb 2018, 11:56 am

@Kura: kitty kisses are a little bit of heaven :-)

@IstominFan: Oh, tortie points!

My family fed a Lynx point feral when I was growing up. Loved him dearly, could never coax him inside to adopt him. This isn't him, but it does have his look. (We fed him well and gave him a little hut on our back porch!)

And I'm away again. Errands to run in the rain, tra la. It's been a productive few days though :-)

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

22 Feb 2018, 12:02 pm

Boo tried to knock my glasses off the headboard this morning. Naughty cat. :P

Esmerelda Weatherwax
Veteran
Veteran

22 Feb 2018, 8:28 pm

Tsk, tsk, tsk. The younger generation...

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

22 Feb 2018, 9:43 pm

^^^imagine cats with human-level intelligence, just what would they be doing? :cat:

Esmerelda Weatherwax
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2018, 12:51 am

auntblabby wrote:
^^^imagine cats with human-level intelligence, just what would they be doing? :cat: