We Love Esmeralda Weatherwax

Page 4 of 27 [ 425 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 27  Next

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2018, 8:51 pm

Oh, dear. I do hope you feel better soon! :o

I've been wondering what I should do as a secondary career besides writing. I haven't come up with anything that I would like so far...
Something's yearning in my soul, as it were, but I'm not sure what. :scratch: It may or may not be related at all to careers, I have no idea. Whatever it is, it's definitely spiritual in nature.

I'm doing alright, I guess.

Boo says hi. Yesterday, mum came into my room, and said hi, and Boo meowed back, and mum said hi again, and Boo meowed again, and it continued back and forth. It was like they were having a conversation. :lol:

"A memory is something that has to be consciously recalled, right? But it's different from a memory locked deep within your heart. Words aren't the only way to tell someone how you feel...As long as I'm with you, as long as you're by my side, I won't give up even if I'm scared." Tifa Lockheart, Final Fantasy VII

Esmerelda Weatherwax
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2018, 9:09 pm

Kitty-talk!

"I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people," said the man. "You're wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides."
-- Terry Pratchett, Guards! Guards!

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2018, 9:13 pm

Which cat do you like better:

Morris (a ginger cat who used to be the "spokescat" for "9-lives" cat food)

Or that white Persian who eats "Fancy Feast?"

Last edited by kraftiekortie on 29 Jan 2018, 9:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Esmerelda Weatherwax
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2018, 9:17 pm

Oh, I had two ginger girls - one from 1983 to 2000, and one from 2000 to 2015. Red girl cats are as rare as girl Aspies! And they're incredibly mellow and sweet.

No contest. Red tabby wins. Although to be fair, all cats are great :-)

At the moment I have one tortie (red and black) and one tuxie (black with a white diamond at the base of her neck).

"I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people," said the man. "You're wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides."

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2018, 9:18 pm

In the 1980s, I had a cat, Floyd, who was very much of a "tabby." His father was a ginger cat named Ike.

Ike was a quiet, stoic sort. Floyd became a total flirt, and had quite a few girlfriends.

Esmerelda Weatherwax
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2018, 9:23 pm

My first red girl had a brown tabby brother, and I was lucky enough to find them together (they'd been abandoned, I rescued them). I had them both for 17 years, lost them within months of each other.

I cannot imagine living without a cat.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2018, 9:27 pm

A grey Persian named Zum Zum got me through a depression when I was 15.

We eventually gave her to my brother.

I hadn't seen her in about 10 years; but she recognized me right away when I did see her, and she nuzzled me. She passed away soon after at age 19.

She was bred to be a show cat (her full name was Lady Zum Grey). However, it was soon evident that she had a mind of its own, and that she had no aristocratic pretentions. Eventually, she was sold, around 1974 or so, to my mother's boyfriend. That's how I met her.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2018, 9:29 pm

I wonder if the cats I've known would bother crossing the rainbow bridge to see me when I pass on?

Esmerelda Weatherwax
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2018, 9:47 pm

@Kraftie: My two tabbies saved my life when I was 34. I had mycoplasmal pneumonia and was absolutely alone. It kills people. I was sure I was going to die, and I was lying in bed crying because I was so worried for them.

Bear in mind that you don't get delirious with mycoplasma, the fever just isn't high enough (and I don't run high fevers anyway). So what I saw is what really happened.

They jumped up on the bed on either side of me, and I swear they looked at me, then at each other. Then they began to wash my face - he was on my left, she was on my right. They washed my face and neck, then they washed my hands, with their little cat tongues, and then they tucked themselves in alongside me, kind of in my armpits, and purred, and put their heads on my chest, and I put my arms around them and held them.

That was it. There was no way I was leaving them. That day I turned the corner and started to recover.

@Blabs: I have news for you :-) . It's not just cats. Every single animal you have ever opened your heart to, out of love or out of pity, will be yours in spirit if it had nobody else to claim it. They are, or will be, waiting there, specifically for you. It can't be heaven otherwise!

I am going to be petting and hugging a lot of skunks and raccoons and bunnies and mice and voles and badgers and pine martens and woodchucks and squirrels and chipmunks and cougar and deer... gonna be a lot of happy happy joy joy. (Edit in: and every single animal that ever gave its life - or its milk, or its eggs - so that I might live, too.)

(C.S. Lewis actually considered this point in his apologetics, so it's not just Esme being a silly old lady :-) - there's a theological basis for the belief. - cf. Isaiah 11:6-9 , and St. Francis, and St. Brendan, and St. Patrick, and contemporary theologian Andrew Linzey.)

6 The wolf will live with the lamb,
the leopard will lie down with the goat,
the calf and the lion and the yearling together;
and a little child will lead them.
7 The cow will feed with the bear,
their young will lie down together,
and the lion will eat straw like the ox.
8 The infant will play near the cobra’s den,
and the young child will put its hand into the viper’s nest.
9 They will neither harm nor destroy
on all my holy mountain,
for the earth will be filled with the knowledge of the Lord
as the waters cover the sea.

Last edited by Esmerelda Weatherwax on 29 Jan 2018, 10:06 pm, edited 5 times in total.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2018, 9:51 pm

^^^sounds peachy :mrgreen:

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2018, 9:54 pm

Zum Zum used to come on my chest and just lie on it when I was sick with the flu.

Yep....there are MANY instances of cats and other animals healing people. I'm glad you found those two cats, Esme!

It's is said that if a cat is neurotypical---that it is in a pathological state.

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jan 2018, 11:24 am

Boo has helped me feel better many times. Apparently cat purrs vibrate at the same frequency as energy healing, according to Diana Cooper.

"A memory is something that has to be consciously recalled, right? But it's different from a memory locked deep within your heart. Words aren't the only way to tell someone how you feel...As long as I'm with you, as long as you're by my side, I won't give up even if I'm scared." Tifa Lockheart, Final Fantasy VII

Esmerelda Weatherwax
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jan 2018, 11:28 am

@Blabby: indigenous peoples have similar beliefs (well they would, after all the OT Jews were about as indigenous and nomadic as you can get) - including gratitude to the animals who sacrifice for us, and the firm conviction that they have souls - so there's room enough for everyone, I think :-) . Heaven is a big place and the heart of God is infinite.

^^ the Helix Nebula, from Hubble, also known as the Eye of God.

@Kraftie: the Latham Foundation sponsored one of the earlier studies which showed that elders with pets live longer, are happier, and are far more likely to survive hospital stays - makes perfect sense. I remember reading the study report writeup back in the late '80s.

Remember the Hero Cat, Tara? She saved her owners' autistic son from a savage dog that attacked him while he was playing in his family's front yard. Then there are dogs who've saved their owners from fires (kitties do that too) and wonder dogs who can predict their owners' grand mal seizures in time for the owners to lie down and be safe during the episode...

We were made to live among animals, life is not whole without them.
:heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:

@Kura: yes indeed. The frequency of a cat's purr is exactly ! ! ! ! ! ! the frequency that stimulates bone to grow - in healthy ways - including healing when broken. Incredible. :heart: :cat: :heart:

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jan 2018, 11:34 am

I'm of the firm belief [if it can be called that...] that everything has, if not a soul, then life energy.

I've got a bunch of Discworld books [I almost spelled it Discowlord :roll: ] in my amazon cart, and I'm going to buy them in a couple days. 8)

Esmerelda Weatherwax
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jan 2018, 11:29 pm

:-) Kura, I have owned four cars in my lifetime, and so help me, every one of them had a soul. You won't get an argument from me on this! :-)

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jan 2018, 1:02 pm

:cheers: :D

I'm being very patient. I have to wait one more day to buy the books, so I don't go over budget. I can do this! *determined*