Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

AspieAirways
Butterfly
Butterfly

08 Jan 2018, 7:19 pm

I was recently professionally diagnosed with ASD (among other things), and one the recommendations was vocational rehab. I currently have a job, but the doctor said I was "chronically underemployed" in the diagnosis report and recommended vocational rehab. Has anyone had any experience with this? What exactly do they do?

ladyelaine
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jan 2018, 7:32 pm

They are supposed to help you find a job. They will refer you to one of the agencies they work with to help you with the job search process and placement in a job. They helped pay for my four year degree, but they weren't able to be any use for finding a job. There job placement services are only useful for those that don't have a college degree. If they help you pay for your college degree, you have to take at least three classes per semester and get al least C's in your classes. I found Voc Rehab to be only useful for paying for college classes, speech therapy, and psychological counselling. For my sister, they are only useful for finding a job. They were paying for her college classes, but she couldn't handle taking three classes at a time so she failed a few classes. They no longer pay for my sister's classes and they are going to get her on the job training somewhere. I hope Voc Rehab can be useful for you.