Page 1 of 2 [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

LaetiBlabla
Veteran
Veteran

09 Apr 2018, 1:54 pm

If I make a great effort I can only have a vague idea of a theoretical picture. That is sometimes frustrating when I read a book.

My "pictures" are more feeling, sound and abstract 3D geometrical pictures.

Last edited by LaetiBlabla on 09 Apr 2018, 2:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kokopelli
Veteran
Veteran

09 Apr 2018, 2:20 pm

LaetiBlabla wrote:
kokopelli wrote:
What I remember are voices. I can often place voices very quickly of people I haven't seen in years.

That's also applies to tv shows and movies. I was flipping across the channels on the tv the other day and ran across a voice that I instantly recognized. I couldn't recognize the person, but the voice was clearly that of Richie Cunningham of Happy Days. Forty years later and Ron Howard still sounds the same.

I rarely even recognize someone I know out of the context, it is very annoying.
Only when they say hello or start speaking, I recognize the voice and remember suddenly very well.

I can usually recognize voices.

One woman at my office is retiring and we are interviewing replacements for her. One day last week, someone was showing one around the office who I didn't recognize. On Friday afternoon, I asked her who the blond was she was showing around the office. She gave me a look of surprise and said the name of a woman I know from church and who lives about three miles north of me.

About the woman from church, when she first moved into the area she had two daughters. About a year later, one of the daughters who was maybe six years old was wearing a cowboy hat and standing in the aisle during the service! After church, the girl came running by without the hat.

I turned to her mother and said, "What happened to the cowboy hat? Or is that a cowgirl hat?"

She said, "It's a Cowboy hat."

I asked, "How do you know?"

Her reply floored me, "Because he's a boy."

A couple of weeks later I mentioned to someone at church who I grew up with about her having a boy and a girl and he said that I'm wrong because she has two girls. He was very surprised that the older was a boy.

I didn't see her again at church for about six weeks, but the next time she came to church, the boy had a haircut and actually looked like a boy.