Page 1 of 4 [ 64 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jan 2018, 5:23 pm

This has been going on for a few days but today I was not let in WP for almost two hours a lost a post.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

smudge
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jan 2018, 5:33 pm

I saw the error messages too and couldn’t view anything.

Trogluddite
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jan 2018, 5:43 pm

Likewise - I've only just been able to get on again after about 1/2 hour of 502 and 520 errors (reported via the London Cloudflare proxy.) I also got a direct "too many connections" error a couple of times, so I guess there may be a problem with server capacity or maybe just a bad wave of spam/DDoS being dealt with.

I've also noted that this happens for about 10-20mins at around 5am here most days (which would be midnight on the US east coast), but this is regular, so I guess maybe just the time when backups are synchronised.

ladyelaine
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jan 2018, 8:39 pm

WrongPlanet always acts up on me around midnight eastern time. It acted this morning around 11:30 eastern time.

blackicmenace
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jan 2018, 8:48 pm

ladyelaine wrote:
WrongPlanet always acts up on me around midnight eastern time. It acted this morning around 11:30 eastern time.

Yes, but he is referring to another issue which happened to me as well. The site was unreachable for a time, though for the life of me, I can't recall the error code.

ladyelaine
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jan 2018, 9:16 pm

blackicmenace wrote:
ladyelaine wrote:

Yes, but he is referring to another issue which happened to me as well. The site was unreachable for a time, though for the life of me, I can't recall the error code.

I have been having the same errors as him for the past few nights.

ladyelaine
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jan 2018, 9:20 pm

I just had a 502 error message.

blackicmenace
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jan 2018, 9:31 pm

ladyelaine wrote:
I just had a 502 error message.

Understood, I had one that mentioned too many connections and the site was unreachable.

TheAP
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jan 2018, 9:39 pm

Me too. If this persists, maybe a server upgrade is in order...

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jan 2018, 8:31 pm

Activity is noticeably decreasing on WP because of this.

Also along with the constant error messages is Cloudflare making browser checks against DDoS attacks and CAPTCHA which is disrupting user posting.

All of this is almost as bad as an actual DDoS attack.

Alex Plank, aren't going to lose money on advertising if activity keeps declining?

blackicmenace
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jan 2018, 11:13 pm

Bad gateway yet again and also,

General Error
SQL ERROR [ mysqli ]

Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (2) [2002]

An sql error occurred while fetching this page. Please contact an administrator if this problem persists.

Kelby
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2018, 5:55 am

I have been receiving multiple '527 Railgun Errors, in addition to some of the errors mentioned in the posts, above (in case it is of benefit to know).

I don't know if anyone else has noticed, but, there seems to be a sudden, spike in new accounts being generated (or, so it appears) and a lot of older members/accounts surfacing in recent weeks, after laying dormant for months and, even years. The afformentioned, in combination with the types of error messages mentioned, I think is definitely, something not to be ignored, or brushed aside. Just my 2 cents...

Esmerelda Weatherwax
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2018, 9:24 am

^^ yes, I noticed the spike in new accounts and the burgeoning revival of older accounts, many of them with - confrontational? provocative? - messages associated.

I use Firefox, with ixquick, and I get in here fairly easily most of the time. See error messages mostly 'round midnight Eastern US time, but I've also seen the SQL errors and Cloudflare messages.

Firefox always warns me that my account here is vulnerable; makes me wonder if older inactive accounts might in some cases have been hacked.

:scratch: not sure why anyone would want to hack us :scratch: other than for mischief.

it's not as though we present a 100% united front on anything, really (an observation, not a criticism). :shrug:

"I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people," said the man. "You're wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides."
-- Terry Pratchett, Guards! Guards!

blackicmenace
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jan 2018, 5:58 pm

Is there going to be something done about these issues? I am still having massive issues with this website.

MariaTheFictionkin
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jan 2018, 6:14 pm

It has gotten worst for me over the couple of weeks.

Esmerelda Weatherwax
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jan 2018, 6:58 pm

And since yesterday, video embeds have become either invisible (Firefox) or "unsupported, go play it on YouTube, nyaah" (IE). That ain't good - this is a community that likes to share, and vids are a big part of that.

Not sure if it's affecting everyone, but it's been consistent for me throughout.

Plus the site is now hanging all. the. time. Not just at midnight EST.

:scratch:

"I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people," said the man. "You're wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides."
-- Terry Pratchett, Guards! Guards!