A Stranger from craigslist took me on a roadtrip to Arkansas

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

Joe_Winko_From_YouTube
Raven
Raven

10 Jan 2018, 1:34 am

I wanted to tell everyone here about a stranger I met on craigslist who took me on a roadtrip to Arkansas last summer.
I made a YouTube video about it too.

but if you don't feel like watching the video, I use to live in Wisconsin (I live in Florida now) and I have a gloomy past with Arkansas... Before this trip I never been there but it almost ended up being my 'final resting place' before then, I explained that on a thread here:

So because of that, I wanted to go to Arkansas to see the place I almost died at. So I posted in the rideshare section of craigslist that I was looking for someone to take me on a roadtrip to Arkansas, it took me FOREVER to find someone who'd take me, (i started posting about it in January and didn't find anyone until July). But i finally did then!

A man in his 40s who was bored and wanted to get away but who had no idea where to go replied to my ad, he asked me where in Arkansas I wanted to go, I told him, and he took me there...

here's a map of where we went:

that map however is a tad bit inaccurate because we ended up taking highway 412 threw northern Arkansas to visit an old highschool friend of mine who lived in yellville Arkansas.

here's a few videos of me in Arkansas:

the first Arkansas town we went threw was Blytheville Arkansas which was a pretty sketchy looking place...

next was the Paradise Gardens Cemetery, the cemetery in Arkansas I thought my body would be buried at. Here's a video of me there:

as we kept driving west, I noticed the land started to look more 'hilly' and eventually I started seeing mountains! I was shocked to see mountains there because I thought Arkansas was just flat and green. they weren't as high as the ones out west but they were beautiful none the less. There was also a beach there too.

This isn't the only time i've done that. that same year in Spring, another man i met online took me on a roadtrip down to Alabama. But nowadays i'm looking for a lover/partner (a MALE lover/partner because i'm gay) to take me on roadtrips instead so i don't have to find strangers to do it, which can be a bit unnerving at times...

I don't have money at all though but im trying to get on SSI, I tried looking for a lover/partner on craigslist who likes to go on roadtrips but i've had no luck. Neither did I on okcupid also. But does anyone have any ideas on more places i could look for that?

Joe_Winko_From_YouTube
Raven
Raven

26 Jan 2018, 5:30 am

here's the link to the thread i posted earlier about the time i almost ran away (and died) in Arkansas back in 2015: http://wrongplanet.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=358826

ibmat5170
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

28 Jan 2018, 5:52 pm

You trusted a random stranger from craigslist? I'm glad he ended up being trustworthy. I think I'll give your videos a watch later.... you're a cutie!

Chronos
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jan 2018, 4:09 am

Joe_Winko_From_YouTube wrote:
I wanted to tell everyone here about a stranger I met on craigslist who took me on a roadtrip to Arkansas last summer.
I made a YouTube video about it too.

but if you don't feel like watching the video, I use to live in Wisconsin (I live in Florida now) and I have a gloomy past with Arkansas... Before this trip I never been there but it almost ended up being my 'final resting place' before then, I explained that on a thread here:

So because of that, I wanted to go to Arkansas to see the place I almost died at. So I posted in the rideshare section of craigslist that I was looking for someone to take me on a roadtrip to Arkansas, it took me FOREVER to find someone who'd take me, (i started posting about it in January and didn't find anyone until July). But i finally did then!

A man in his 40s who was bored and wanted to get away but who had no idea where to go replied to my ad, he asked me where in Arkansas I wanted to go, I told him, and he took me there...

here's a map of where we went:

that map however is a tad bit inaccurate because we ended up taking highway 412 threw northern Arkansas to visit an old highschool friend of mine who lived in yellville Arkansas.

here's a few videos of me in Arkansas:

the first Arkansas town we went threw was Blytheville Arkansas which was a pretty sketchy looking place...

next was the Paradise Gardens Cemetery, the cemetery in Arkansas I thought my body would be buried at. Here's a video of me there:

as we kept driving west, I noticed the land started to look more 'hilly' and eventually I started seeing mountains! I was shocked to see mountains there because I thought Arkansas was just flat and green. they weren't as high as the ones out west but they were beautiful none the less. There was also a beach there too.

This isn't the only time i've done that. that same year in Spring, another man i met online took me on a roadtrip down to Alabama. But nowadays i'm looking for a lover/partner (a MALE lover/partner because i'm gay) to take me on roadtrips instead so i don't have to find strangers to do it, which can be a bit unnerving at times...

I don't have money at all though but im trying to get on SSI, I tried looking for a lover/partner on craigslist who likes to go on roadtrips but i've had no luck. Neither did I on okcupid also. But does anyone have any ideas on more places i could look for that?

I'm glad you weren't murdered in some horrible way or worse.

Joe_Winko_From_YouTube
Raven
Raven

30 Jan 2018, 12:41 pm

ibmat5170 wrote:
You trusted a random stranger from craigslist? I'm glad he ended up being trustworthy. I think I'll give your videos a watch later.... you're a cutie!

awww thanks :D <3

Joe_Winko_From_YouTube
Raven
Raven

30 Jan 2018, 12:43 pm

Chronos wrote:

I'm glad you weren't murdered in some horrible way or worse.

i figured if he would have turned out to be some psycho goon who wanted to murder me, he would have had to slaughter me really fast because i would have been fighting back the whole time. I didn't really care though.

If you had read this post: http://wrongplanet.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=341183
you would know that i don't exactly fear death...

but i just really wanted to go on a long road trip. i've been trying to find a lover/partner who would take me on roadtrips instead but i never been able to find one yet or back then, so i had to find a stranger instead.