Can someone explain the many gender thing to me?

Page 2 of 2 [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Mudboy
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jan 2018, 1:26 pm

There are four physical genders. Male / Female /Hermaphrodite (both) / Androgyny (neither)

Other gender concepts are mental. More research is needed to determine if brain functions or DNA affects the personalities of the people affected by those concepts. Lack of research makes no difference to the reality they experience.

I am a straight male.

Aniihya
Veteran
Veteran

04 Feb 2018, 4:00 pm

Not really. There are two physical sexes. Male (46,XY) and Female (46,XX). Those in that dont fit in are known as chromosomal abnormalities, meaning they tend to be exceedingly rare and not common at all. Hermaphodite only describes having sexual organs of both regular sexes, however on a chromosomal perspective, no true fully functioning hermaphrodite (rarely does one organ function correctly with them) exists and usually multiple chromosomal irregularities fall under "hermaphrodite" or more accurately "pseudohermaphroditism". Androgyny is not a sex or physical gender as you call it. It is at most a trait that makes it hard to tell whether someone is male or female as it may be a male with a slender body or pretty face or a female with broad shoulders, short hair, deeper voice and non-traditional or combined mannerisms. Also androgyny can fall under "hermaphrodite/pseudohermaphrodite" but can also be under people who have hormonal irregularities such as a genetic male who has estrogen-dominance or a genetic female with androgen-dominance. I got XXY for example, I look very male though, yet have a rather light voice.