Invite to participation in Skype interview about bullying

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

AnnBerit
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

10 Jan 2018, 7:22 am

Hello everyone!

Alex Plank kindly gave me permission to post this request in the following forums: General Autism Discussion, Random Discussion, Social Skills and Making Friends, and School and College Life.

I’m currently working on my Masters Research Project, and I would like to invite you guys to participate, by doing a Skype interview. Before we start the interview, we can Skype shortly, as to get acquainted, and hereafter you will receive the questions and the information sheet about the study.

My research topic is experiences with bullying, in people with Autism Spectrum Disorder, and the interview shouldn’t take more than half an hour

I will be asking you about being bullied as a child/when you were younger, and the questions will be about the bullying itself, if you had any support system, and what kind of impact the bullying have had on you.

Because this is for my Masters Research Project, I do have some criteria for participation which are stated below:

Participants should:

- be persons formally diagnosed with an Autism Spectrum Disorder
- be over the age of 23
- have attended mainstream schools
- have a recollection of being bullied
- not be living with parents
- be engaged in further education or
- be working half or full-time

I really appreciate you taking the time and effort to read my post, and if you’re willing to be interviewed, just drop me a line here, and I will get back to you.

Thank you!

Ann Jary

endersdragon34
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

10 Jan 2018, 3:15 pm

The not living with parents part is going to be hard for a lot on here including me (who lived on my own for years but couldn't make it any longer financially).

MagicMeerkat
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jan 2018, 3:27 pm

Many people can no longer go to school or work BECAUSE of bullying. Why are you so biased against people living with their parents? Not everyone can afford their own place these days, even if they do have a job.

AnnBerit
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

11 Jan 2018, 8:30 am

endersdragon34 wrote:
The not living with parents part is going to be hard for a lot on here including me (who lived on my own for years but couldn't make it any longer financially).

I can completely relate to the part about living alone being hard for many. A lot of my students face the same issue, but for this particular study it is part of the inclusion/exclusion criteria.

Even though you are living at home with your parents at the moment, I think it would still be okay, since you've had experience with living on your own - It's my fault for not making that more clear in my request, and i'm sorry for that :oops: :D

AnnBerit
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

11 Jan 2018, 8:35 am

MagicMeerkat wrote:
Many people can no longer go to school or work BECAUSE of bullying. Why are you so biased against people living with their parents? Not everyone can afford their own place these days, even if they do have a job.

I totally agree with you!! - I'm not at all biased, it's just a part of the inclusion/exclusion criteria for this particular research for my masters :)

MagicMeerkat
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2018, 2:29 pm

AnnBerit wrote:
MagicMeerkat wrote:

I totally agree with you!! - I'm not at all biased, it's just a part of the inclusion/exclusion criteria for this particular research for my masters :)

Tell whoever is making these rules that THEY are biased.

Last bumped by AnnBerit on 19 Jul 2018, 2:29 pm.