Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

Hypnotized
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

11 Jan 2018, 5:09 am

So, yesterday I have officially been diagnosed with Bulimia, and been put on Fluoxetine right away to control Bulimic thoughts. I don't suffer from depression, so that's not why I was put on this medicine.

I was wondering how others with Autism experienced Fluoxetine. I shouldn't be feeling that much the first few weeks, but it's been just 12 hours since I took the first pill and I've been nauseous and tired all day... I've had my coffee and energy drink, and I actually ate a plain pancake for breakfast, but I feel like I could either vomit or pass out any moment now.

Maybe my body is having a bad reaction to this? The effects of a pill stay in the body for 3 weeks, or so I've been told. If one pill makes me feel this way, I'm not looking forward to the next 3 weeks.

chromanebula
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

11 Jan 2018, 6:31 pm

I've been on it for years, so the effects of the drug are simply my "normal." But I know it can reduce irritability and cause weight gain. Considering the weight gain, it may not be the best choice for bulimia, as that could encourage purging. But then again, I'm just an undergraduate physics student, so take my words with a grain of salt.