Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Kitty4670
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jan 2018, 10:07 pm

Is it better to weight yourself without clothes or light weight clothes? Do you need to weight without shoes on? I finally weigh myself, I haven’t weigh myself in over a year & a half.

Trogluddite
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2018, 1:14 pm

Ideally, you should weigh yourself without clothes or shoes, so that it is only yourself that is being weighed. However, if that is tricky because there's no privacy or it is too cold, you can do this...

- Weigh yourself with the clothes on.
- Get changed into some other clothes.
- Weigh just the clothes that you wore when you were on the scales.
- Subtract the weight of the clothes from how much you weigh with clothes on.

However, if you were only wearing some light underwear and no shoes, it would only be wrong by a little bit, so that's probably the easiest.

BTDT
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2018, 4:36 pm

It is more important to weigh yourself on a regular basis. Most people with weight issues vary a lot more than their clothes weigh!

Get a tape measure and measure your waist. Your waistline may be a better indicator of relative health or fitness than your weight.

fluffysaurus
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2018, 10:09 am

Do you own the scales or are they eg at the doctors or chemists?

When I was loosing weight I did not have my own scales so I went once a week to the chemists and used their big ones. It printed out the weight and I would keep them. I would go at the same time every Monday morning. I kept my cloths and shoes on because it was easier and as long as you do the same thing every time and weigh yourself at roughly the same time it doesn't matter, so pick which ever way is easiest for you to do.