Page 5 of 34 [ 543 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 34  Next

Sabreclaw
Veteran
Veteran

20 Feb 2018, 3:16 am

314pe wrote:
sly279 wrote:
Yeah I see no reason women can’t ask men out. I wish if some woman likes me she’d ask me out cause I’ll never ask her.

If a girl will be into you, she will let you know. It will be very obvious. If you did not notice it then either nobody showed interest or you ignored it (irrationally perhaps).

It really does not matter if a girl is doing the asking or not, because it is always very obvious when a girl is really interested.

I wish I could get some of that obvious attention. I mean, if she's not suitable for me I'd at least feel flattered by her interest.

SSJ4_PrestonGarvey
Toucan
Toucan

20 Feb 2018, 3:46 am

What are some signs of interest that would be obvious, even when they intend to show none? I assume subtle cues may appear anyways.

It is illogical for me to decide to act when there are zero indications of interest. Like no smiles, cold demeanor, cold shoulder, responding minimally or not at all, all observable indicators being either neutral or negative. It would be akin to asking every woman out regardless of any form of reason.

I think the only way it will happen is if there are at least some indicators that she is or might be interested in me, at the very least simple friendliness. If I am interested in a woman I would try to make conversation, but will move on if they do not reciprocate in any way.

I am unsure how much perseverance men are expected to demonstrate and where the line is between perseverance and stupidity. Or are we actually supposed to take it to the point of stupidity?

yellowtamarin
Veteran
Veteran

20 Feb 2018, 3:57 am

SSJ4_PrestonGarvey wrote:
What are some signs of interest that would be obvious, even when they intend to show none? I assume subtle cues may appear anyways.

It is illogical for me to decide to act when there are zero indications of interest. Like no smiles, cold demeanor, cold shoulder, responding minimally or not at all, all observable indicators being either neutral or negative. It would be akin to asking every woman out regardless of any form of reason.

I think the only way it will happen is if there are at least some indicators that she is or might be interested in me, at the very least simple friendliness. If I am interested in a woman I would try to make conversation, but will move on if they do not reciprocate in any way.

I am unsure how much perseverance men are expected to demonstrate and where the line is between perseverance and stupidity. Or are we actually supposed to take it to the point of stupidity?

Maybe you could start a thread about this, but here are some things I may do if I'm interested:

Make more eye contact with you than with the other people around.
Hold eye contact for a lil bit longer than normal (or do 'the look', where you look, look away, look back and smile).
Smile at you, including with my eyes.
Be a bit nervous around you, maybe a bit clumsy.
Touch you, e.g. on the arm when laughing at your joke.
Lean in towards you a bit, rather than neutral or away from like with the other people around.
Try to talk to you one-on-one even when in a group.

That's all I can come up with at the moment. I think a big thing to look out for is whether she acts differently (in a good way) towards you compared to how she is with the rest of the group, when you are in a group.

314pe
Veteran
Veteran

20 Feb 2018, 5:32 am

yellowtamarin wrote:

Frequently initiate contact outside of group. For example, if your classmate asked you to compare notes... at lakeside... during sunset, then she might have romantic interest in you.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

20 Feb 2018, 6:40 am

Sabreclaw wrote:
314pe wrote:
sly279 wrote:
Yeah I see no reason women can’t ask men out. I wish if some woman likes me she’d ask me out cause I’ll never ask her.

If a girl will be into you, she will let you know. It will be very obvious. If you did not notice it then either nobody showed interest or you ignored it (irrationally perhaps).

It really does not matter if a girl is doing the asking or not, because it is always very obvious when a girl is really interested.

I wish I could get some of that obvious attention. I mean, if she's not suitable for me I'd at least feel flattered by her interest.

I agree with 314, from experience what he says is 100% true.

Of course, we are talking here about frequent daily interest showing, and not of a smile once in a blue moon.

GiantHockeyFan
Veteran
Veteran

20 Feb 2018, 7:24 am

The biggest thing is to watch the eyes: it's not a 100% thing but if her pupils dilate that is a good sign. Not all women show this though: my wife certainly did not. Also keep an eye on if she enters your personal space and touches you on the arm more than once: that's usually a good sign too. Unfortunately women are very subtle by nature and this is a skill you will have to work on.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

20 Feb 2018, 8:18 am

Quote:

If she initiates texting with you frequently, that's the strongest unmistakable sign. Women simply don't pull out their phone, and tap on a guy contact just to text him 'Good morning" just for the sake of friendship, unless they are asking for a favor or they are coordinating with him on some group outing.

In my experience, women almost never initiate chatting with male friends for no reason unless there's romance interst, so when they do it frequently with one it means there's more to it than friendship ( and I always turn out to be right on this one, 100% of the times).

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

20 Feb 2018, 11:10 am

Laughing at your stupid jokes is usually a sign of interest.

And not going off the deep end if you make some sort of subtly "sexist" remark.

yellowtamarin
Veteran
Veteran

20 Feb 2018, 5:20 pm

314pe wrote:
yellowtamarin wrote:

Frequently initiate contact outside of group. For example, if your classmate asked you to compare notes... at lakeside... during sunset, then she might have romantic interest in you.

Hahaha yes. Though I'd say that's leaning towards a more direct move than a subtle or subconscious hint ;)

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

20 Feb 2018, 6:51 pm

sly279 wrote:
I’m not allowed to ask most women out.

Why are you not allowed?

I’m not good enough. I don’t meet their requirements of having my life together(good job, car, home), being attractive, thin, athletic, or being dominant. As they say I’m not a real man.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

20 Feb 2018, 6:54 pm

314pe wrote:
sly279 wrote:

From what I’ve been told, women when interested just flirt but in ways they can hide it if you look their way Incase you don’t like them. Which means they make it really hard to know they like you while hoping you do like them and somehow notice despite trying to hid it.
A few times my sister claimed female cashiers were flirting with me. O.o

There are no signs. One girl seemed to be flirting with me but she rejected me so clearly was just friendly and touchy. So the only way to be obvious would be them just out and saying they like me. I doubt any but the most confident social outgoing women would do that.
Also I’m.not attractive at all so women would never be interested in me.

GiantHockeyFan
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2018, 7:39 am

314pe wrote:

Not to this Aspie it wasn't. I never clued in that a female coworker who was 20 (I was 21) was into me when she not only used to sit and talk with me during lunch break but even told me about a personal medical condition she had (not serious but very painful and not something you share with many people). Women who aren't into you don't do those things but I was utterly clueless! As well, there was a girl who was probably Aspie herself that worked at the local gym. She obviously knew a lot about me (ironically enough one of her coworkers also worked with me when I was 21) and more than once 'accidently' bumped into me. By the time I clued in it was too late and she rejected my advances, probably assuming they weren't real by that point. That's just the two that I know of and God knows how many I didn't even notice: I even had another female coworker literally jump into my lap while showing off a cheerleading move.

I also had two female nurses who knew I was married make very blatant comments about what they thought of me: no doubt if I were single they would have been more subtle and I would not have noticed. Finally, my crazy ex told me I was being checked out all the time and I assumed it was one of her delusions until my very sane wife said almost the exact same thing word for word: even with all my experience and knowledge I still don't see it.

Patrick64
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

21 Feb 2018, 8:01 am

Most of the time, the guy has to initiate, but now even if a guy initiates, he has to risk being considered a creep or harasser. Some girls are nice when they reject a guy, and others are outright rude. So, if society came to where now the girls had to ask the guys out, I believe most girls would have trouble.

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2018, 12:11 am

So has the OP asked out her crush yet?

WantToHaveALife
Veteran
Veteran

02 Mar 2018, 3:19 pm

this burden will probably always remain on the guys shoulders for the most part until the end of time, if guys view something as a burden, we get labeled as having a victim mentality, but the other way around, not as much.

SummerAndSmoke
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

04 Mar 2018, 1:02 pm

Quote:
Women can go on dating sites and get lots of matches and messages.

It is a myth that women get lots of matches and messages. In truth, only the most photogenic women end up being bombarded with attention online. According to OKCupid's data, male users tend to devote the vast majority of their efforts toward the very best-looking people on the site. All of the chicks I know struggle just as much on dating apps as men do.