Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

jon85
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

16 Jan 2018, 6:46 am

I'm still trying to crack the code of the puzzle that is me. So to do this, i've decided to bite the bullet and pay for a private therapist. Yesterday was my third session and I seemed more relaxed with him and seemed to better give a bit more accurate description of my issues. One thing i described was having a ball of many mixed emotions trapped inside and not really knowing what to do with it. Many conflicting each other. My therapist linked this to something I had mentioned before in regards my mind constantly on the go, ticking away, idea after idea, each mood/emotion giving birth to a new concept. The biggest effect of this is me wanting to do something, but loosing interest for something entirely different regularly, hence causing me to never really get anything done, or at least at a much slower pace than everyone else. There's a focus on 'frustration'. Frustration in everything - my thoughts, moods, emotions, frustration over not being able to do things i want, over not being able to communicate properly. Day in day out.... no respite from this way of living. Driving me absolutely mad!

Anyway, my therapist seemed to mention 'emotional unstability'. Because of so much going on, everything about my being is unstable. Nothing is constant. This sounds like emotionally unstable personality disorder (or borderline personality disorder). I don't really know much about this. Am i going in the right direction with this? Could it be BPD? What do you think?

Stunning Images On T-Shirts, Homeware and More!!

Chronos
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2018, 4:14 am

jon85 wrote:
I'm still trying to crack the code of the puzzle that is me. So to do this, i've decided to bite the bullet and pay for a private therapist. Yesterday was my third session and I seemed more relaxed with him and seemed to better give a bit more accurate description of my issues. One thing i described was having a ball of many mixed emotions trapped inside and not really knowing what to do with it. Many conflicting each other. My therapist linked this to something I had mentioned before in regards my mind constantly on the go, ticking away, idea after idea, each mood/emotion giving birth to a new concept. The biggest effect of this is me wanting to do something, but loosing interest for something entirely different regularly, hence causing me to never really get anything done, or at least at a much slower pace than everyone else. There's a focus on 'frustration'. Frustration in everything - my thoughts, moods, emotions, frustration over not being able to do things i want, over not being able to communicate properly. Day in day out.... no respite from this way of living. Driving me absolutely mad!

Anyway, my therapist seemed to mention 'emotional unstability'. Because of so much going on, everything about my being is unstable. Nothing is constant. This sounds like emotionally unstable personality disorder (or borderline personality disorder). I don't really know much about this. Am i going in the right direction with this? Could it be BPD? What do you think?

People with borderline personality disorder typically have an unstable sense of self, suffer from feelings of invalidation, inferiority, and emptiness, fears of abandonment, are very emotionally sensitive people and, as a result of these things, tend to be impulsive and have unstable, stormy relationships.

What you describe sounds different, and a lot more like frustration at not being able to do things you want to do due to attention deficits.

Noca
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2018, 9:39 pm

I have BPD and my emotions can change on a dime, are constantly unstable and amplified. I am chronically suicidal and empty inside. I struggle with anger and frustration issues, and fears of abandonment. I have impulsive sex, driving, and spending behaviour.

In my case I see my BPD as the result of constantly struggling with chronic physical health problems for over 13 years.

jon85
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

22 Jan 2018, 8:11 am

Chronos wrote:
jon85 wrote:

People with borderline personality disorder typically have an unstable sense of self, suffer from feelings of invalidation, inferiority, and emptiness, fears of abandonment, are very emotionally sensitive people and, as a result of these things, tend to be impulsive and have unstable, stormy relationships.

What you describe sounds different, and a lot more like frustration at not being able to do things you want to do due to attention deficits.

Thanks. I didn't think so to begin with, but then I started looking it up and then got paranoid lol

Stunning Images On T-Shirts, Homeware and More!!