Identifying toxic/abusive people who are stealthy & complex

Page 6 of 6 [ 87 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

ladyelaine
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2018, 12:00 pm

I have known NTs that were raised thinking they were better than everyone else. These people tended to not last long in jobs and they annoyed everyone around them. These people can't handle any kind of criticism because they have been told their whole lives that they are better than everyone else. These people like to dominate everything and they don't respect the pecking order in any situation whether it be school, work, or church. They love talking about themselves constantly.

Summer_Twilight
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2018, 1:51 pm

Lady Elaine- They also tend to push the buttons of others and then the other person gets annoyed at them by
1. Swearing at them
2. Sometimes hitting
3. Even kicking them out

Then it's the other person's fault.

"Look what they did to me."

Anyway, I called that guy out who I liked several times whenever he tried to run to me after getting into trouble with other people for trying to prove that he was right that everyone else was wrong.

I told him that he seemed to think he was better than everyone else along with seeming to think he was superior to him while he was just a bum living in his parents' house on his computer all the time.

It was "You don't live in my head and you are reading me wrong. Actually, I am lower functioning than you are and I have been really depressed but I know one thing, I am very smart." :lol:

ZZZTired
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

29 Jan 2018, 2:04 pm

Probably because they see us as a danger to ourselves and others.

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jan 2018, 6:39 am

I just wrote a really long reply here and lost it. I admit defeat.

LittleCoyoteKat
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jan 2018, 6:45 pm

SSJ4_PrestonGarvey wrote:
I am unaware if it would be frowned upon under the rules but if not it could be helpful for learning purposes.

I don't think it's against any rules necessarily, but there's still the pretty likely outcome of being blamed for instigating or creating drama, etc etc. Try scanning through PPR and the LD forums, there's a lot going on in those two.

I am a Bookwyrm.

Darmok
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2020, 6:41 pm

This is one of those threads that deserves to be bumped every now and then. Sociopaths and serial bullies can appear anywhere, even in online ASD forums.

There Are Four Lights!

Summer_Twilight
Veteran
Veteran

01 Mar 2020, 3:33 pm

ladyelaine wrote:
I have known NTs that were raised thinking they were better than everyone else. These people tended to not last long in jobs and they annoyed everyone around them. These people can't handle any kind of criticism because they have been told their whole lives that they are better than everyone else. These people like to dominate everything and they don't respect the pecking order in any situation whether it be school, work, or church. They love talking about themselves constantly.

I just saw that they brought this up and I read what you said, the guy who I wrote about fits your description to a tee. When his parents discovered what became of their "Superstar son," I don't think they knew what to do with him. The other issue is that he didn't seem to have any good guidance.

That relationship took a big toll on my emotions