Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

AG87
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

17 Jan 2018, 3:18 pm

hello I'm a 30 yr old female who has high functioning autism. I have a hard time making friends. I'm seeking advice on how to go about making friends. I'm also looking to make friends with people who have the same problem as I do. :)

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jan 2018, 6:25 pm

Welcome to Wrong Planet! :D

AspieSingleDad
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2018, 9:24 pm

You'll probably want to post any questions about making friends in a relevant section of this forum. Welcome, I hope you get the support you need!

Ardea cinerea
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

23 Jan 2018, 9:42 am

Here for the same reasons. Hi and welcome to WP.

joemamaugly
Raven
Raven

23 Jan 2018, 9:57 am

Check Meetup for groups in your area. I started one for that very reason, there are 11 of us now. Also look to Autism resources in your area they might have groups or meetings for you. Best of luck

xatrix26
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2018, 12:34 am

AG87 wrote:
hello I'm a 30 yr old female who has high functioning autism. I have a hard time making friends. I'm seeking advice on how to go about making friends. I'm also looking to make friends with people who have the same problem as I do. :)

Hello there AG87!

I am also a high-functioning Autistic with Asperger's Syndrome and it's good to meet you! Statistically speaking we represent about 30% of all ASDs out there. Just thought I would throw that little factoid out there. I myself have found it easier to make friends online vs people in person because of the usual social limitations that Autistics have. On the whole I prefer to be alone but I seek out my friendships online which feel more real to me and safer too.

I also suffer from Bipolar Disorder, Obsessive Compulsive Disorder, Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder and Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder. My therapist lists my current anxiety status as "inconceivable" and my therapist recommended I be admitted to a group home but I am too stubborn and fiercely independant for that and chose to live on my own. Besides, as long as I'm alone I'm okay it's when I'm mixed in with NTs that my problems with social anxieties begin. Anyhoo...

Welcome to Wrong Planet!

:D

ADHD, OCD, and PTSD.

Keep calm and stim away. ;)