Page 1 of 2 [ 26 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Dylanperr
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jan 2018, 8:58 pm

I love being Autistic because it makes me who and what I am. Another reason I like being Autistic is that it makes me more intelligent/smart, creative, and have a different worldview. I like and love being Autistic.

Leahcar
Toucan
Toucan

18 Jan 2018, 3:02 pm

I don't love it - there's nothing particularly special about my autism. I think I'd still have all the same strengths I have now if I didn't have it. Maybe not the same interests, which is something I guess I kinda like.
I don't hate being autistic either, because I don't know what it's like not to have it.
But it does create me some problems sometimes, which is frustrating. And if I didn't have it, I'd have a much better social life and more independence. So overall, no, I don't like it.

schuplanet
Butterfly
Butterfly

19 Jan 2018, 7:55 am

i'm not sure...

most of the time i guess i like it. however, i do Keep noticing that i live in a different world from my NT friends. (and most of my aspie friends too, since autism isnt always the same) and i get to feel very lonely... sometimes i wish i would be less autistic but most times i wish that more People would be lesse neurotypical... ^^

Richardf269
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

23 Jan 2018, 8:41 pm

I consider it a curse upon humanity.

ScarletIbis
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

23 Jan 2018, 11:12 pm

On one hand, I absolutely love my ability to be highly introspective and to spend time in self reflection and to get excited about and think deeply about academic things (which I attribute to my autism). On the other hand, I hate feeling emotionally isolated because I feel so deeply that my emotions implode on themselves and I can’t express any of it, I hate being a slave to my anxiety and my senses (losing control of myself when I’m overwhelmed and not being able to handle common smells and sounds).

Weighing these together, the results are inconclusive because I don’t know how much the other sides of the scale weigh. I can’t compare the negatives of being neurotypical and the negatives of being autistic, because I don’t know about the negatives of being neurotypical. The same reasoning applies to the positives of both. That being said, I wouldn’t get rid of my autism if I could because I feel that it’s a big part of who I am, but at the same time, I cannot say wether I love it or hate it because I’ve never known anything else.

Feel free to message me if you want

Please understand that everything I write should be read with a grain of salt because I frequently adjust my views based on new information (just read a description of INTP that should explain better than I)

b9
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jan 2018, 11:34 pm

Quote:
Do You Like/Love Being Autistic?

i have no opinion on the matter since i have never known anything else.
there is no sufferance i experience as a result (thankfully due to my arrogant personality i guess (so social awkwardness is not of concern to me)).

i just feel normal as i have done since i came into consciousness.

MjrMajorMajor
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2018, 1:06 am

b9 wrote:
Quote:

i have no opinion on the matter since i have never known anything else.

This

AspieSingleDad
Veteran
Veteran

10 Feb 2018, 10:31 am

I can't say I love or like being autistic, but I think I'm trying to make the best of it. And, I can't deny that it has its advantages, either. That being said, I think at this point I wouldn't choose to be NT because I'm too used to be autistic. If I had a time machine, I'd obviously go back in time and choose to be NT. I respect those who feel that being autistic is better, this is just my personal feeling on the matter.

Muziek
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

10 Feb 2018, 5:11 pm

Quote:

I like/love being myself...

As a musical term for sure, "the '80s" imply the late '70s and early '90s. You can think of them as tapers of this golden decade.

Skilpadde
Veteran
Veteran

13 Feb 2018, 5:07 pm

I love the feeling of special interests, obsessions and hyperfocus. I wouldn't swap being totally into my interests and doing interesting stuff for the NTs' typical wasting time on people rather than interests for anything in the world. As someone here once said: For most people their interests are what they do when don't have important things to do. For us, our interests are the important things we do. Those are traits I love.

It also seems like more aspies than NTs love animals (which is not to say that all aspies do or no NTs do - I have known a few NTs who truly love animals), and that's nothing I'd want to be without.

love you and miss you, dear boy

Stop the wolf kills! https://www.thepetitionsite.com/takeact ... 3091429765

ZZZTired
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

13 Feb 2018, 5:09 pm

I want my autism to be treated well and to transition into adulthood well like someone learning how to walk again in their adulthood.

Dylanperr
Veteran
Veteran

06 Mar 2018, 10:06 pm

Are you Mild, Moderate, Or Severe?
I am Moderately Autistic.

blueblood
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

08 Mar 2018, 3:15 pm

Don't get me wrong cause having autism is still hard but I love having autism because it is what makes me me and it makes me unique and it does have some perks.

also check out this vid.

:heart:

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

08 Mar 2018, 4:53 pm

I like being me. I like lassez-faire. That's good enough.

KanyeWestFan
Toucan
Toucan

08 Mar 2018, 11:43 pm

I don't but I deal with it because I can't change it

Foozle
Butterfly
Butterfly

12 Mar 2018, 7:42 pm

I really like the special interests (sustenance, as important as food or water) and the different perspective.

But not the social cluelessness and associated anxiety.

So, a mixed bag. Make do with what I've got, I guess.