Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

HistoryGal
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jan 2018, 9:28 pm

I don't particularly like most of the people I work with but I keep that to the side. Just be kind and smile. Don't take anything personal.

I'm probably not their cup of tea either but we manage to work together.

ladyelaine
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jan 2018, 9:53 pm

Yep. Always be professional to everyone at work regardless of how you feel about them.

HistoryGal
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2018, 7:37 am

That's probably one of my best qualities - getting along with various personalities as I can separate work from personal. I wish others were more inclined.

infinitenull
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2018, 8:46 am

I don't especially "like" people at work either... but I don't really dislike them either.

I try to pretend to be social and friendly. I ask about their weekend or holiday because that's what you're supposed to do. It feels like a waste of time but it helps to "grow your network" so I have to do it.

I do feel a little like I am being dishonest when I do it though... that part I don't like... I am very interested in business though so thinking of it in terms of doing business makes it much easier to do!

HistoryGal
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2018, 3:50 pm

Good for you. It works best if I don't ask about people's weekends and vice versa. I accrue my social capital in other ways by my willingness take on or switch tasks with other people.

infinitenull
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2018, 7:12 pm

HistoryGal wrote:
Good for you. It works best if I don't ask about people's weekends and vice versa. I accrue my social capital in other ways by my willingness take on or switch tasks with other people.

Yeah, I try to do the same sort of thing... when the rules of the game don't work for me, i find new rules that do.