Page 1 of 2 [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

LegoMaster2149
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2018, 12:05 pm

Do any of you guys have a specific meaning of the word friend? Like for example, my definition of friend is actually more like a close friend.

-LegoMaster2149 (Written on January 18, 2018)

MariaTheFictionkin
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2018, 12:10 pm

A friend to me is someone who is trustworthy, loving and respectful that wants to spend time with you. Someone who wants to help you out of bad situations even if they physically cannot and doesn't treat you like a freak.

ladyelaine
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2018, 7:03 pm

A friend has your back through the good and the bad. A friend spends time with you because they really want to, not because the cool people aren't available and not just because they need something from you. A friend accepts you as you are. A friend isn't ashamed to be seen with you in public. A friend respects your boundaries.

CyclopsSummers
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2018, 12:32 am

MariaTheFictionkin wrote:
A friend to me is someone who is trustworthy, loving and respectful that wants to spend time with you. Someone who wants to help you out of bad situations even if they physically cannot and doesn't treat you like a freak.

ladyelaine wrote:
A friend has your back through the good and the bad. A friend spends time with you because they really want to, not because the cool people aren't available and not just because they need something from you. A friend accepts you as you are. A friend isn't ashamed to be seen with you in public. A friend respects your boundaries.

I agree with everything that's being said in these posts, and would like to add that a friend is someone for whom you would do those very same things, but I guess that goes without say.

whatamievendoing
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2018, 8:27 am

To me, a friend is:
1. Someone whom I respect and trust, and who respects and trusts me.
2. Someone in whom I can confide when something's on my mind.
3. Someone whose company I genuinely enjoy.

All three qualifiers must be met.

Summer_Twilight
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jan 2018, 10:20 am

A friend is someone who is going to be there with you through good times and bad while also respecting you for who you are. They also stand by you and up for you if others don't value you as a person. They also give you timely advice and lots of wisdom that will help you grow.

ScarletIbis
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

23 Jan 2018, 10:57 pm

I’d definitely say: someone you can trust with your sorrows, someone who will trust you with there sorrows, someone who doesn’t treat you like a last resort friend, someone who actually tries to understands you and will help you understand them.

Feel free to message me if you want

Please understand that everything I write should be read with a grain of salt because I frequently adjust my views based on new information (just read a description of INTP that should explain better than I)

AquaineBay
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2018, 12:46 am

Is those what is considered a friend? Each person keeps saying different things about what makes a friend. Why is there no one definition of these things!?

"God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
Courage to change the things I can,
and Wisdom to know the difference."

Summer_Twilight
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2018, 9:41 am

Historygal and LadyElaine,
I don't really like her that much because I think she's annoying and seems to fit every stereotype of the queen bee type that you would find in movies in like Mean Girls or in Odd Girl Out.

I also don't like her because she's a grown woman with a little girl and she's still willing to act childish. What's more is that she has a brother who is very well known in the health world so I get the vibes that she's jealous and insecure because of that.

LegoMaster2149
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2018, 10:59 am

Summer_Twilight wrote:
What's more is that she has a brother who is very well known in the health world

What is his name?

ScarletIbis
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

24 Jan 2018, 12:22 pm

AquaineBay wrote:
Is those what is considered a friend? Each person keeps saying different things about what makes a friend. Why is there no one definition of these things!?

Everyone has their own personal definition of what a friend is but they’re all very, very similar. The one thing everyone should understand is what is NOT a friend. My brother hasn’t had a single real friendship in his entire life. Every time he claims to have a friend, these people take advantage of him, they call him names, they beat him up, and they talk about him behind his back and to his face. He says they are his friend because they play with him but I keep trying to explain to him, that these people aren’t his friends. They only play with him when there’s no one else to play with. He’s 11 btw.

Feel free to message me if you want

Please understand that everything I write should be read with a grain of salt because I frequently adjust my views based on new information (just read a description of INTP that should explain better than I)

Summer_Twilight
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2018, 12:24 pm

LegoMaster2149 wrote:
Summer_Twilight wrote:
What's more is that she has a brother who is very well known in the health world

What is his name?

I don't want to give that out due to confidentiality

LegoMaster2149
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2018, 1:22 pm

Summer_Twilight wrote:
LegoMaster2149 wrote:
Summer_Twilight wrote:

What is his name?

I don't want to give that out due to confidentiality

Ah, that's alright. I was just curious.

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2018, 1:57 pm

A guest speaker in middle school said that "a friend is someone that would never lead you to harm"

"Would never"? Sounds too absolute and theatrical. And what is "harm"?

A "friend" is someone biased in your favor

HistoryGal
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2018, 6:01 pm

I see a lot of Queen Bees. They get no play with me.

LittleCoyoteKat
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jan 2018, 2:18 am

Honest

Trustworthy

Shares interests, quantity not important

Appreciates and likes me for who I am

Is comfortable being themselves around me, and vice versa

I am a Bookwyrm.