Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2018, 1:36 am

I am fascinated with films that are lost, of which no copies are known to exist. They are generally from the Twenties or Thirties or even earlier - Movies made back.in the days when movies were made on silver nitrite celluloid, mwhich was prone to catch fire, or degenerate imto dust or goo I'm kind of especially fascinated with the sound films that are lost - Somehow it seems more fitting for silent films to be lost
- Or, lost films from degeneration aside, had their copies destroyed by the studios who owned them, as old movies were seen as of no value but but the silver stock of the silver nitrite was of value :( !
Even some fairly big-time products of the American or British movie systems are gone :x ! And, of course, products of less " big-time ", far fewer copies made in the first place, films are gone.
I

My life destroyed by Thorazine and Mellaril - and rape - and the Psychiatric/Industrial Complex. SOB:-(! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !!

Skilpadde
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jan 2018, 6:04 pm

Not a film but a series episode....

when my mom was a kid she enjoyed this show called Ivor the Engine. She has told me about it, the train, and the dragons. I was so happy when I found "the complete series" on DVD. It was not complete. One of the episodes she has been talking about, one in which the dragon is accused of having snuck into a candy store at night and melted some of the candies and left his paw print in them, only for them to find that he was innocent, that the culprit was another unknown dragon, wasn't there.
That was a bummer. It was her favorite episode.... :(

love you and miss you, dear boy

Stop the wolf kills! https://www.thepetitionsite.com/takeact ... 3091429765

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2018, 5:15 am

.Some lost films that interest me:
Cleopatra (1917)
Human Wreckage
London After Midnight
The Way Of All Flesh
The Gold Diggers Of Broadway - This was one of the most profitable movies of all time at one point! :x 8O
Convention City
Farewell Performance (1963!)

My life destroyed by Thorazine and Mellaril - and rape - and the Psychiatric/Industrial Complex. SOB:-(! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !!

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

15 Feb 2018, 6:54 pm

The Wonderful Wizard of Oz
{1910, end credits are missing, therefore the identities of the cast and crew are unknown to this day}

The Werewolf {1913; destroyed in a vault fire at Universal Studios in 1924}

The Monster of Frankenstein {1920; believed to be the first Italian horror film}

The Power of Love {1922; believed to be the first 3D film ever made}

The Callahans and the Murphys
{1927; despite being completed, it was never released by MGM because of the film's stereotyping of Irish people}

Alias Jimmy Valentine {1928; MGM's first "talkie" also released as a silent film}

Noah's Ark
{1928; about 30 minutes was cut by Warner Brothers. The original version has a run-time of about two hours and fifteen minutes, but a partial restoration has a run-time of 1 hour and 45 minutes}

The Burning of the Red Lotus Temple {1928; notable for being the first martial arts film}

The World of Power {1933; first anime film with sound}

The Adventures Of Pinocchio {1936; intended to be Italy's first animated feature-length film}

The Idiot
{1951; original version was 265 minutes and director Akira Kurosawa wanted it to be shown in two parts. The film was later cut to 166 minutes before release}

My Best Friend's Birthday
{1987; originally a seventy-minute film directed by Quentin Tarantino, the majority of the film was destroyed in a fire. The remaining 36 minutes of the film is rumored to be in Tarantino's possession.}

The Shadow King
{2011; this stop-motion animated film by Henry Selick was turned down by Disney in Summer 2012 because of financial concerns given the film's $50 million budget. In 2016, a representative for Selick claimed the film was in turnaround. The release date is unknown.}