Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Greatshield17
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

20 Jan 2018, 3:13 pm

I struggle a bit with grammar, specifically with using punctuation, I often use too much or not enough, and not in the right places.

Can anyone provide me with tips and resources on how to improve my grammar?

Don't bother with me, I'm just a narrow-minded bigot who does nothing but "proselytize" not because I actually love the Faith, because no one loves the Faith, we're just "using it to justify our bigotry." If you see any thread by me on here that isn't "proselytizing," I can't explain that because that's obviously impossible; because again, all I've ever done on here is "proselytize."

WP is the 2nd worst forum site I have ever been on.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2018, 7:12 pm

Read books on English grammar. And practice.

Think in your mind about when a sentence begins and ends.

Esmerelda Weatherwax
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2018, 7:17 pm

Here you go :-) - this is a bit "meta"; one link to a blog that references nine other blogs! All on grammar!

Grammar Girl and Grammar Cop are both very useful.

https://www.thebookdesigner.com/2009/11 ... mar-blogs/

(edit in: one blog to rule them all, one blog to find them, one blog to bring them all where other folks can mind them! With apologies to J. R. R. Tolkien)

"I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people," said the man. "You're wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides."
-- Terry Pratchett, Guards! Guards!

Greatshield17
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

21 Jan 2018, 10:32 pm

Esmerelda Weatherwax wrote:
Here you go :-) - this is a bit "meta"; one link to a blog that references nine other blogs! All on grammar!

Grammar Girl and Grammar Cop are both very useful.

https://www.thebookdesigner.com/2009/11 ... mar-blogs/

(edit in: one blog to rule them all, one blog to find them, one blog to bring them all where other folks can mind them! With apologies to J. R. R. Tolkien)

Thanks! I'll be reading through this, and checking these blogs out in the next couple of weeks.

Don't bother with me, I'm just a narrow-minded bigot who does nothing but "proselytize" not because I actually love the Faith, because no one loves the Faith, we're just "using it to justify our bigotry." If you see any thread by me on here that isn't "proselytizing," I can't explain that because that's obviously impossible; because again, all I've ever done on here is "proselytize."

WP is the 2nd worst forum site I have ever been on.