Dealing with a possibly toxic friend (rant)

Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ] 

Cardia
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

20 Jan 2018, 9:52 pm

My one friend has been nice and pleasant, but I have a history of befriending individuals who decide to show toxic behaviors around me. All of my friends have been NT so far.

So this one friend, I'll call her Chris, has become friend (loosely using this term) and like other "friends" I have had, she has many faults, and likes to show her bitter / hateful side to me, knowing I am a 'good listener'. She likes to use her physical deformity and minority status as a crutch, she always falls back on "I'm a (minority)" or "I have cripplingly low self-esteem, of course I'm bitter" - well, so do I, but I don't blurt it out at friends. I felt like my own anxiety and depression issues are minimized because Chris's stem from more 'physical' reasons. She feels like she can hate and send threats to people because "They're a white male, and I feel uncomfortable around them" - even though she doesn't claim to be one, she has proven to be a massive SJW. I believe she has been allowed to get away with a ton of hateful behaviors and blatant racism (she hates whites, despite being friends with many). I would like to tell her outright that her racist and sexist behavior makes ME uncomfortable! :x

Although Chris has proved to be a good friend in certain aspects, I cannot tolerate the hateful and racist side of her. I guess I just was hoping for some opinions on this situation, or if anyone has dealt with a similar situation in which a friend had started to show such toxic behaviors into the relationship.