Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

monw
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

21 Jan 2018, 6:04 pm

I have general, social, and separation anxiety. Am I alone when it comes to separation anxiety?

Tibergrace
Raven
Raven

21 Jan 2018, 7:25 pm

Ooh, didn't even realize this was a difficult topic for me.

I have had many problems with separation anxiety in the past. Not sure if those issues are still present. It would usually only have to do with people I was in a relationship with.

Looking back I now realize that my separation anxiety helped me remain trapped in an extremely abusive situation (like bone breaking abusive). It was far from the only factor keeping me in it, though.

LittleCoyoteKat
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jan 2018, 10:45 pm

I have mild separation anxiety with my Husband. Which, everyone would say is extremely odd and out of character for me, because I've always been very much "I don't need anyone" as a knee jerk response that came from neglect, abuse and apathy in my childhood. So I don't know if that's really the same thing. I don't have it with anyone else, never have. Not even any of my exes.

I am a Bookwyrm.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

20 Feb 2018, 10:20 am

I have those types of anxiety. I started the med Buspar for my anxiety in general & I started another med for my OCD which was contributing to the separation anxiety.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition