Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Theamazinggeek
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

22 Jan 2018, 7:10 pm

Edited

Hey folks Ive been observing from the sidelines and thought id introduce myself

*takes bow removing hat.

To start i was diagnosed 9 years ago today by my therapist, i have Asperger's syndrome . I'm a non-traditional guy looking for a non-traditional girl.

To start im a term coined in japan called otomen.
Otomen (from urban dictionary) (only place got it right)
A term for a guy with femine characteristics, pursuits, skills,hobbies or lifestyle. Often these are mistaken as being gay. They are heterosexual (straight). If there is a similar word SNAG or metrosexual maybe close.

Otomen are sensitive, emotional types prone to neing needy and demanding.

Otomen have a love to cook, clean, sews. Normally polite, loyal, honest, shy and not mechanically inclined. Otomen are more timid and sensitive than most, and so relationships are hard for them. Otomen are fun, happy persons with, good hygiene, and his clothes are neat. Otomen are reserved and silent. Otomen are types wanting to be held than to hold. Roles are reversed as Otomen are one to be rescued not the rescuers. Otomen are fearful of horror films and try not to go near conflict. Otomen are usually more sensative to there partners needs both emotionally and physically. Otomen can be often be submissive or have submissive personalities and are often used n abused.

I'm a vintage kinda guy (When I can). I listen to music as old as the 1920s to as new as last year. Love the 50, the 60s, ratpack, the crooners, the old school vocal jazz (the great American song book), swing, and new jazz. I love to relax to old radio. I play older generation video games, I ride a vintage bicycle. I watch tv and movies old old as in silent to as new as what's in the theaters. Not a huge horror fan mind u but any other film I'll see. I dance old school (swing). I make old school style dishes .

I am a timid person of sorts sooo it's not surprising how different this is for me. That's sort of why I'm seeking a strong willed person in my life. Being a timid person I get scared or excited easily. Of course ive learn to adapt. I'm a super nice guy and have had no enemies anywhere in my life.

I'm considered a emotional type, my friends say I'm so caring it's over powering. My friends say I'm a born therapist able to talk people through anything. im a person who likes to stay busy where ever I may be. It's usually my family, then my friends who come first and and then me.

As I've mentioned I'm whimsical. I Look for the best in all (yes a little too trusting.) Some say i live in fantasy. Im not one to say bad about another. Oddly im one to question anything i see. I love to learn new things and I learn quickly.

My goals are to become a real chef. A real culinary whiz like my coworkers. My passion is cooking. Good food can bridge families and bring people together. A good cook can turn bad tasting ingredients into great meals. A good cook can make allot out of little. I love to see the smiles of people after there meal.

My other goal is to get over my social awkwardness.

If you're into movies, tv, and anime. I'm a Movie and anime buff. I will watch or try anything at least once. Twice if I like it

Im agnostic, im very very solid on this point. I believe there higher power. Who it is .... is up for debate. Could be a god, a goddess, just one or multiple. Could be budda, ahli, his self or a roving spaghetti monster.

I see a regular therapist once a week and we chat alot. I live in california and work by day as a cook. I live a quiet life and meet with not only a support group. But a gruop of only Asperger's for lunch each week.

My greatest pain is im wanting a new someone in my life. Its just fustrating. Its hard to find a customjob in a off the rack kinda world (if it makes any sense). Roll eyes three years (next tuesday) on the market and still noda. Gosh i just started my 30s and most of my nurotypical friends are married with children.

Ive gone on long enough i will try to post a few more later down the line......

"Im search of answers, new marvels, and new questions to ask."

Theamazinggeek
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

23 Jan 2018, 10:32 pm

Hey i almost forgot to mention ive got a nephew whos was just diagnosed with autism

"Im search of answers, new marvels, and new questions to ask."

Turtleton
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

24 Jan 2018, 1:18 am

Hello there! I'm also a new comer. :D

I think Otomen are great people to be around with. It's probably many girls' dream to date someone who understands how they feel, so I'm sure you'll find someone nice one day. ;)

My Pixiv page:
https://www.pixiv.net/member.php?id=21167374

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2018, 1:32 pm

Welcome to Wrong Planet! :)