Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 

Turtleton
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

23 Jan 2018, 7:34 am

Hi, nice to e-meet you all! I am in my 20s and a HK-based freelance translator. We don't have any support groups here so I can't express enough how happy I am to find this place. :D

My hobbies are playing classical guitar (almost 10 years now but still suck lol), painting, museums, barbecue, movies and gaming.

I love gaming so much and spent so much time on video games that I picked up the Japanese language during the process. My family couldn't afford to have me learn this and learn that, so I was really grateful that this learning-while-playing thing worked for me. Thanks to this, I managed to become a translator. And as you may have guessed it, I struggled a lot trying to land and sustain a full-time job. So video game literally saved my ass. :mrgreen:

Lately I have been really into the Bee Gees. Oh how I love their fabulous medallions and hairstyles! :heart: I also love Billy Joel, Air Supply, Peter, Paul and Mary and more. Please feel free to recommend any songs or groups that you think are great. :P

I can't wait to discover more about this place!

My Pixiv page:
https://www.pixiv.net/member.php?id=21167374

MariaTheFictionkin
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jan 2018, 8:21 am

Welcome to WrongPlanet! :mrgreen:

Turtleton
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

23 Jan 2018, 2:14 pm

MariaTheFictionkin wrote:
Welcome to WrongPlanet! :mrgreen:

Thanks for the nice and warm little welcome! :D

My Pixiv page:

bobaspie2015
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

23 Jan 2018, 5:43 pm

Hi and glad you found WP, it is such a great site.
I am Bob from Australia, diagnosed as Aspie in 2015. Loved HK when I visited back in 2013.
Much love.

Turtleton
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

23 Jan 2018, 11:21 pm

bobaspie2015 wrote:
Hi and glad you found WP, it is such a great site.
I am Bob from Australia, diagnosed as Aspie in 2015. Loved HK when I visited back in 2013.
Much love.

Thanks for the welcome, Bob! I've only been on here half a day, and I'm already starting to see why this is a great site. The materials available on this site are interesting and this seems like a friendly community.
Glad you loved Hong Kong! I hope our super packed transit system didn't upset you too much. :)
I was diagnosed with Asperger's in 2015, too. Sadly Hong Kong has very limited resources for aspie adults. Perhaps this is a common thing in Asia. Hopefully this will change in the near future.
Great day!

My Pixiv page:

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jan 2018, 11:50 pm

YAY another one :star:

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2018, 1:33 pm

Welcome to Wrong Planet! :D

kii
Butterfly
Butterfly

24 Jan 2018, 6:59 pm

Welcome!

I'm impressed that you managed to pick up Japanese just from gaming! I started learning a few months ago, however I have forgotten almost everything after taking a break from it lol.

はじめまして (:

Turtleton
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

25 Jan 2018, 12:41 am

Thank you very much for your welcomes! It's my absolute pleasure to e-meet you all. :D

kii wrote:
Welcome!

I'm impressed that you managed to pick up Japanese just from gaming! I started learning a few months ago, however I have forgotten almost everything after taking a break from it lol.

はじめまして (:

初めまして!I was (and still am!) casually doing it while playing, maybe that's what made it so enjoyable and effective! It really is easy to forget about a language if we don't get to use it on a daily basis. Luckily we now have the internet at our disposal so hopefully you will pick it up back again easily. :wink:

My Pixiv page:

u3694191997
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

30 Jan 2018, 10:20 pm

You are not alone! I am from Hong Kong as well. Nice to meet you. I am not diagnosed though.