Page 1 of 4 [ 52 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jan 2018, 10:41 am

Many of them call himself or herself, "most people", as if he or she outnumbered me, so he or she overpowered me. It is correct that, in many ways, he or she was more normal than me. But there is only one of him or her and only one of me

Sometimes, he or she is totally theatrical

It's hard for me to reach a balance between not caring, and going overboard

When they say or do something I don't like, I do not say anything because I am afraid that, if I said something, they would not want to be my precious lil "friend" anymore. But they keep micromanaging me.

If he or she dumps me, I go from one to zero "friends". If I dump him or her, he or she goes from 100 to 99 friends. It is like he has the monopoly competition

Many times I do not feel like making actions or statements. Bored, tired, lazy. While she will not close her trap

Peer pressure

Off leash dogs

ladyelaine
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jan 2018, 11:35 am

Turtleton wrote:
ladyelaine wrote:
Summer_Twilight wrote:
There is a woman at my congregation who I do not get along with because she seems to be sweet as pie to other people while she is mean to me.

1. I asked her where she works because I was trying to be nice and she said that she worked at a health food store and I said I was interested when I asked her for the name. "It's XYZ store but you won't be buying because their products are very expensive."

Basically, she seemed to get jealous when any of her friends express any interest in joining me for lunch there or even talk to me.

Examples.
1.This past weekend, all her friends came to sit at the same table that I sat at while seemed to refuse to sit down and just stood up while eating
2.This other lady and I seem to get along and a few weeks ago while we were talking, this same lady pulled her away from me

This woman plays games by seeming to want all the attention because she's the "Popular girl." I one time heard her talking about how someone was trying to "Take that away from her" by "Destroying her reputation.

She finds every effort to find me in awkward situations so she can laugh at me and it's really annoying.

There are women like that at my church too. I don't waste my time with any of them because of behavior like what you described.

That's what keeps me from going to church. I don't want to lose hope in them and in the religion.

For me the biggest problem is to keep conversation going. Similar to many other comments, I can't relate to people and neither can they. So it just goes as if we're doing a survey or something. Another problem is that I giggle unnecessarily when the anxiety kicks in. :oops:

I go to church, but sometimes being around the people there can make it uncomfortable at times. I really try to focus on God when I am there. I find comfort in knowing that all the nasty people there will have to answer to God eventually. God judges people on how they lived their lives on Earth and whether or not people are truly sorry for the sins they have committed.

ladyelaine
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jan 2018, 11:39 am

shortfatbalduglyman wrote:
Many of them call himself or herself, "most people", as if he or she outnumbered me, so he or she overpowered me. It is correct that, in many ways, he or she was more normal than me. But there is only one of him or her and only one of me

Sometimes, he or she is totally theatrical

It's hard for me to reach a balance between not caring, and going overboard

When they say or do something I don't like, I do not say anything because I am afraid that, if I said something, they would not want to be my precious lil "friend" anymore. But they keep micromanaging me.

If he or she dumps me, I go from one to zero "friends". If I dump him or her, he or she goes from 100 to 99 friends. It is like he has the monopoly competition

Many times I do not feel like making actions or statements. Bored, tired, lazy. While she will not close her trap

Peer pressure

Off leash dogs

I don't like being treated like I am less than. I can't stand it when people are condescending to me. It's hard to make friends when you never feel like you are on equal footing with anyone.

Summer_Twilight
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jan 2018, 1:38 pm

Ladyelaine, people who think they can condescend on me have quickly learned that I don't let them get away with it. I have had my share of telling them to "Back off" in so many words.

For example, the mother of a different friend, who had significant disabilities, and basically was overly protective and coddled her. She basically thought it was okay to talk down to me anytime she wanted. This one time we were at a Japanese festival, and my friend and I were looking at wall scrolls. Well her parent gave her the money to buy one and I had given my friend the posted that I was looking and had thought that she still had it and attempted to put it away. Her mother got this attitude towards me about how her daughter was going to pay for it and then said, "You don't put it back Sum_mer (Not my real name).

I told her " I think I know when someone paid for something lady!" I walked off for a second before telling her "I don't need to condescend."

Her mother was so mad that she stormed out of the event with her daughter and husband and said "Bye Summer" in a very sullen attitude while seeming to rush everyone out because she was mad.

ladyelaine
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jan 2018, 7:38 pm

Summer_Twilight wrote:
Ladyelaine, people who think they can condescend on me have quickly learned that I don't let them get away with it. I have had my share of telling them to "Back off" in so many words.

For example, the mother of a different friend, who had significant disabilities, and basically was overly protective and coddled her. She basically thought it was okay to talk down to me anytime she wanted. This one time we were at a Japanese festival, and my friend and I were looking at wall scrolls. Well her parent gave her the money to buy one and I had given my friend the posted that I was looking and had thought that she still had it and attempted to put it away. Her mother got this attitude towards me about how her daughter was going to pay for it and then said, "You don't put it back Sum_mer (Not my real name).

I told her " I think I know when someone paid for something lady!" I walked off for a second before telling her "I don't need to condescend."

Her mother was so mad that she stormed out of the event with her daughter and husband and said "Bye Summer" in a very sullen attitude while seeming to rush everyone out because she was mad.

That is one nasty woman. I hope she is a thing of your past.

Summer_Twilight
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jan 2018, 10:02 pm

Lady Elaine, yep because I cut the relationship with my friend and her mother was toxic.
Examples:
1. My friend was really controlling
2. Her mother was jealous of me because she was overly protective of her daughter. She also dissed me as her daughter's friend by leaving me out of things
3. My friend harassed me by calling me excessively every night
4. My friend would also text me excessively and whine about how she wanted me, missed me and needed me while accusing me of things that were untrue. "You never have any time for me. College is more important."
5. Her parents used my friends, family and I for things
6. Her mother always talked down to me
7. Her mother was also smalled minded and negative along with rude. In fact, she was always mad when we interacted

ladyelaine
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jan 2018, 10:52 pm

Summer_Twilight wrote:
Lady Elaine, yep because I cut the relationship with my friend and her mother was toxic.
Examples:
1. My friend was really controlling
2. Her mother was jealous of me because she was overly protective of her daughter. She also dissed me as her daughter's friend by leaving me out of things
3. My friend harassed me by calling me excessively every night
4. My friend would also text me excessively and whine about how she wanted me, missed me and needed me while accusing me of things that were untrue. "You never have any time for me. College is more important."
5. Her parents used my friends, family and I for things
6. Her mother always talked down to me
7. Her mother was also smalled minded and negative along with rude. In fact, she was always mad when we interacted

I'm glad you cut those people out of your life. Life is much more enjoyable without toxic people in it.

Summer_Twilight
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jan 2018, 8:06 am

LadyElaine, yes and I have been happier ever since I have cut that relationship loose because those people were drama. That mother and daughter always made me feel icky and that's not good.

Anyway, I was just thinking of something for those of you in here for who had problems connecting with people because you like animes and similar topics. There are lots of nerds who go to conventions that aren't on the spectrum who feel they can't relate to anyone either.

weirdgorlriri
Butterfly
Butterfly

26 Jan 2018, 1:01 pm

As a college student, I feel so isolated from everyone else. They all seem to have already formed their own groups, and I’m the outsider. I try to fit in through clubs and programs, but nothing works. I can’t even sit and eat at the dining hall alone without panicking.

ladyelaine
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jan 2018, 1:09 pm

weirdgorlriri wrote:
As a college student, I feel so isolated from everyone else. They all seem to have already formed their own groups, and I’m the outsider. I try to fit in through clubs and programs, but nothing works. I can’t even sit and eat at the dining hall alone without panicking.

I never really fit in in college either. I was the only one who took the bus to my classes, the only virgin, the only one to have never been in a relationship, and the only one without a driver's license. I still live with my parents. I never really connected with anyone in the honor societies I was in. I couldn't join the club related to my major because the bus didn't run during the times the club met.

LittleCoyoteKat
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jan 2018, 1:59 am

Finding honest, trustworthy people who won't use me or steal from me.

Understanding other's perspectives. Why they think something, how they feel, their sense of humor, etc.

Understanding intentions.

Knowing whether or not someone likes me/dislikes me, finds me annoying, wants me to leave, stop talking, not talk to them, etc.

Kind of all of it, really, if I think about it.

I am a Bookwyrm.

ladyelaine
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jan 2018, 12:47 pm

LittleCoyoteKat wrote:
Finding honest, trustworthy people who won't use me or steal from me.

Understanding other's perspectives. Why they think something, how they feel, their sense of humor, etc.

Understanding intentions.

Knowing whether or not someone likes me/dislikes me, finds me annoying, wants me to leave, stop talking, not talk to them, etc.

Kind of all of it, really, if I think about it.

My cats and birds are so much easier to understand than humans are.

Kristaok
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

27 Jan 2018, 6:52 pm

I am at the point where I don't want nor do I need any friends, I'm fine with my best friend my hubby and our child.

LittleCoyoteKat
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jan 2018, 7:46 pm

ladyelaine wrote:
My cats and birds are so much easier to understand than humans are.

I definitely agree with you there. I understand my cats and my dog, even my Betta fish Teague (before he died, anyway) better than I do people. And it only seems to be getting harder as I get older, not easier as seems to be the case for NTs.

I am a Bookwyrm.

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2018, 3:31 pm

Balance

Constantly having to be aware of and control nonverbal communication, to the other parties' satisfaction

Knowing and what to tolerate and when to draw boundaries

Many rules have exceptions, but there are not many exceptions, and some precious lil "people" act like they are above the rules

Do not know what to talk about

Do not know who to trust

MidnightMoon
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2018, 7:39 pm

I've made myself look like an idiot so many times because I tried too hard to make friends that I've pretty much stopped bothering to make any more than I already have, which isn't a whole lot.

Why yes, I am a conservative.