Page 1 of 4 [ 52 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

ladyelaine
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jan 2018, 10:25 am

I find it very challenging to make friends for so many reasons. Most people are hard to relate to because their lives are different from mine. Most people are shallow. I don't get the social games and the endless competitiveness. What do you guys find challenging about making friends?

MariaTheFictionkin
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jan 2018, 10:39 am

Number 1 issue for me, finding people who are respectful (and trustworthy). Too many times have I encountered people who do not respect me for who I am and pretend that they do when they don't.

I also agree with you on the relate thing. It's hard for me to really relate to anyone enough to consider forming friendships.

AquaineBay
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jan 2018, 10:42 am

ladyelaine wrote:
I find it very challenging to make friends for so many reasons. Most people are hard to relate to because their lives are different from mine. Most people are shallow. I don't get the social games and the endless competitiveness. What do you guys find challenging about making friends?

I find it hard to relate to people as well because people lives are different from mine. I also give off weird body language or something that puts people off because whether I am social with a person or reserved people just stay away from me.

I find keeping conversations going very hard and finding places(that don't make me anxious) to actually interact with others. I guess I just don't understand how to communicate with people correctly.

"God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
Courage to change the things I can,
and Wisdom to know the difference."

ladyelaine
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jan 2018, 10:46 am

MariaTheFictionkin wrote:
Number 1 issue for me, finding people who are respectful (and trustworthy). Too many times have I encountered people who do not respect me for who I am and pretend that they do when they don't.

I also agree with you on the relate thing. It's hard for me to really relate to anyone enough to consider forming friendships.

I can't stand it when people are fake. I don't like to waste time on people who are pretending to like me.

ladyelaine
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jan 2018, 10:50 am

AquaineBay wrote:
ladyelaine wrote:

I find it hard to relate to people as well because people lives are different from mine. I also give off weird body language or something that puts people off because whether I am social with a person or reserved people just stay away from me.

I find keeping conversations going very hard and finding places(that don't make me anxious) to actually interact with others. I guess I just don't understand how to communicate with people correctly.

I find it hard to maintain conversations with people I don't have much in common with. I don't like making small talk either.

Ardea cinerea
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

23 Jan 2018, 10:50 am

My biggest frustration right now. There is so much I want to do in life, but not by myself and I want to share myself with people and learn from others. The game playing is the one thing I do not get. People do it all the time, I see it, I have been accused of it myself but even if I wanted to play games, which I don't and never will, I would not know where to start. My life has not been, shall we say normal so yes, relating to people is hard for me.

ladyelaine
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jan 2018, 10:59 am

Ardea cinerea wrote:
My biggest frustration right now. There is so much I want to do in life, but not by myself and I want to share myself with people and learn from others. The game playing is the one thing I do not get. People do it all the time, I see it, I have been accused of it myself but even if I wanted to play games, which I don't and never will, I would not know where to start. My life has not been, shall we say normal so yes, relating to people is hard for me.

I wish people could just get along with each other and accept one another. I don't do the social games and I never will. I don't like the drama created by social games.

Summer_Twilight
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jan 2018, 2:08 pm

There is a woman at my congregation who I do not get along with because she seems to be sweet as pie to other people while she is mean to me.

1. I asked her where she works because I was trying to be nice and she said that she worked at a health food store and I said I was interested when I asked her for the name. "It's XYZ store but you won't be buying because their products are very expensive."

Basically, she seemed to get jealous when any of her friends express any interest in joining me for lunch there or even talk to me.

Examples.
1.This past weekend, all her friends came to sit at the same table that I sat at while seemed to refuse to sit down and just stood up while eating
2.This other lady and I seem to get along and a few weeks ago while we were talking, this same lady pulled her away from me

This woman plays games by seeming to want all the attention because she's the "Popular girl." I one time heard her talking about how someone was trying to "Take that away from her" by "Destroying her reputation.

She finds every effort to find me in awkward situations so she can laugh at me and it's really annoying.

HistoryGal
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jan 2018, 6:40 pm

Kick them to the curb, Twilight. You don't need this. Women like you mentioned are hopeless.

ladyelaine
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jan 2018, 6:44 pm

Summer_Twilight wrote:
There is a woman at my congregation who I do not get along with because she seems to be sweet as pie to other people while she is mean to me.

1. I asked her where she works because I was trying to be nice and she said that she worked at a health food store and I said I was interested when I asked her for the name. "It's XYZ store but you won't be buying because their products are very expensive."

Basically, she seemed to get jealous when any of her friends express any interest in joining me for lunch there or even talk to me.

Examples.
1.This past weekend, all her friends came to sit at the same table that I sat at while seemed to refuse to sit down and just stood up while eating
2.This other lady and I seem to get along and a few weeks ago while we were talking, this same lady pulled her away from me

This woman plays games by seeming to want all the attention because she's the "Popular girl." I one time heard her talking about how someone was trying to "Take that away from her" by "Destroying her reputation.

She finds every effort to find me in awkward situations so she can laugh at me and it's really annoying.

There are women like that at my church too. I don't waste my time with any of them because of behavior like what you described.

Stigr
Butterfly
Butterfly

24 Jan 2018, 3:50 pm

I find it hard to keep conversations going because I'm used to talking only about animes, movies, games and TV series and I don't meet people who talk about these things anymore. I didn't use to have a problem with that, people would start a conversation with me about something they've watched recently and then we would just keep talking for a really long time. Now, I only meet people who talk about their lives, about the weather, etc. And I don't know what I should answer to these things.

bobaspie2015
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

24 Jan 2018, 4:02 pm

I agree with all the comments made. In social gatherings I find that NT people talk much about stuff I am not able to relate to.
I find that there are people who just talk for the sake of talking, I think it comforts their inner anxiety.

Much love ...... Bob

ladyelaine
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2018, 7:57 pm

Stigr wrote:
I find it hard to keep conversations going because I'm used to talking only about animes, movies, games and TV series and I don't meet people who talk about these things anymore. I didn't use to have a problem with that, people would start a conversation with me about something they've watched recently and then we would just keep talking for a really long time. Now, I only meet people who talk about their lives, about the weather, etc. And I don't know what I should answer to these things.

I can't relate to most people's lives. I have been through things that most people have never been through. I still have yet to do many things that most people do by the time they are my age.

ladyelaine
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2018, 8:12 pm

bobaspie2015 wrote:
I agree with all the comments made. In social gatherings I find that NT people talk much about stuff I am not able to relate to.
I find that there are people who just talk for the sake of talking, I think it comforts their inner anxiety.

Much love ...... Bob

Some people love to hear themselves talk. I think silence scares most people like light scares vampires.

Turtleton
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

25 Jan 2018, 6:00 am

ladyelaine wrote:
Summer_Twilight wrote:

Examples.

There are women like that at my church too. I don't waste my time with any of them because of behavior like what you described.

That's what keeps me from going to church. I don't want to lose hope in them and in the religion.

For me the biggest problem is to keep conversation going. Similar to many other comments, I can't relate to people and neither can they. So it just goes as if we're doing a survey or something. Another problem is that I giggle unnecessarily when the anxiety kicks in. :oops:

My Pixiv page:
https://www.pixiv.net/member.php?id=21167374

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jan 2018, 10:41 am

Many of them call himself or herself, "most people", as if he or she outnumbered me, so he or she overpowered me. It is correct that, in many ways, he or she was more normal than me. But there is only one of him or her and only one of me

Sometimes, he or she is totally theatrical

It's hard for me to reach a balance between not caring, and going overboard

When they say or do something I don't like, I do not say anything because I am afraid that, if I said something, they would not want to be my precious lil "friend" anymore. But they keep micromanaging me.

If he or she dumps me, I go from one to zero "friends". If I dump him or her, he or she goes from 100 to 99 friends. It is like he has the monopoly competition

Many times I do not feel like making actions or statements. Bored, tired, lazy. While she will not close her trap

Peer pressure

Off leash dogs