Charming single guy after 30 = likely sociopath.

Page 6 of 10 [ 145 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

OhkaBaka
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

08 Feb 2018, 6:07 pm

SSJ4_PrestonGarvey wrote:
I agree it is scary. It isn't my personal beliefs they are beliefs of people mostly women I've interacted with in my life. It's third wave Feminism for the most part.

If a woman has used the word "beta" to describe you at any point, you have the red flag you were looking for. Move on.

You are over thinking it. If a woman doesn't like you, no matter how they act, no matter what your motivations, no matter what their intent... none of these things matter. Move on.

If you like her and she likes you and neither of you is being hurt, then procede.

OhkaBaka
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

08 Feb 2018, 6:11 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
^ I just posted a link yet you replied with a personal attack.

To your own post. Sorry... I said that didn't I? I thought I said that.

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
It seems you’re the one who’s lashing out, sir.

Quite right! Good of you to notice the obvious.

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Btw your sense of humor sucks; if you think you’re funny then stop trying to be so, retire now, for the sake of humanity.

Thanks for your input... I chuckled for several minutes... and between the two of us, I'd TOTALLY rather make myself laugh than you.

Sabreclaw
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2018, 6:14 pm

314pe wrote:
RetroGamer87 wrote:
Maybe not disabled but certainly weird or odd in manner, posture and speech. NTs can see that ans some may find it off putting.

I've been told that I am not a real man due to those exact reasons, posture and speech.

Posture is something that can be fixed. It just takes a lot of practice.

SSJ4_PrestonGarvey
Toucan
Toucan

08 Feb 2018, 9:06 pm

OhkaBaka wrote:
I agree it is scary. It isn't my personal beliefs they are beliefs of people mostly women I've interacted with in my life. It's third wave Feminism for the most part.

If a woman has used the word "beta" to describe you at any point, you have the red flag you were looking for. Move on.

You are over thinking it. If a woman doesn't like you, no matter how they act, no matter what your motivations, no matter what their intent... none of these things matter. Move on.

If you like her and she likes you and neither of you is being hurt, then procede.

Definitely is a big red flag to me, I just sincerely hope there are other women who are different.

It makes me want to re-evaluate and try to change for the better so I can have better chances for when I do meet a woman I find attractive. But maybe this isn't a good idea to want to change all the time.

XFilesGeek wrote:
OhkaBaka wrote:
It isn't about ASD it is about your penis. Aspergers has nothing to do with it. You are a man. You are "the bully" because of that.

No. Nonononononono.......

Yeah I think he may have worded that one incorrectly. It sounds like the feminist criticism of "male privilege" which doesn't seem to be the angle he was going for based on the rest of his posts. Maybe it was supposed to be a joke? I would be interested to see clarification. One of the things I'm working on right now is I want to understand people better/correctly in conversation, trying to not interpret the wrong message.

I would be perhaps offended but then I remembered that I can miscommunicate too, it seems to be a part of ASD that makes it really hard to express ideas sometimes. I guess offended is too strong a word as well as in the case where if someone would turn out to be a radical feminist(which basically is just extreme misandry) I just stop listening and disengage completely.

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

09 Feb 2018, 7:03 am

Sabreclaw wrote:
314pe wrote:
RetroGamer87 wrote:
Maybe not disabled but certainly weird or odd in manner, posture and speech. NTs can see that ans some may find it off putting.

I've been told that I am not a real man due to those exact reasons, posture and speech.

Posture is something that can be fixed. It just takes a lot of practice.

I'm working on it :)

OhkaBaka
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

13 Feb 2018, 5:02 pm

Definitely is a big red flag to me, I just sincerely hope there are other women who are different.

I have never once heard a woman use that word in any way that wasn't discussing how stupid it was, or mocking the MRA baby-man that said it. And even then it was an incredibly small number.

Most, by a huge margin, of women are "different" than that.

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

13 Feb 2018, 5:25 pm

OhkaBaka wrote:

I have never once heard a woman use that word in any way that wasn't discussing how stupid it was, or mocking the MRA baby-man that said it. And even then it was an incredibly small number.

This has also been my observation. The terms "alpha" and "beta" are used to describe women's thought processes about men, by men with no zero knowledge of women's thought processes (men who think women spend most of their time thinking about men :roll: )

The only woman I've ever heard using the term "alpha" in a non-ironic way was Jane Goodall :lol:

If these PUA guys want to reduce themselves to the level of chimps, they should expect to be treated like chimps.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

16 Feb 2018, 1:14 pm

RetroGamer87 wrote:
OhkaBaka wrote:

This has also been my observation. The terms "alpha" and "beta" are used to describe women's thought processes about men, by men with no zero knowledge of women's thought processes (men who think women spend most of their time thinking about men :roll: )

The only woman I've ever heard using the term "alpha" in a non-ironic way was Jane Goodall :lol:

If these PUA guys want to reduce themselves to the level of chimps, they should expect to be treated like chimps.

and do you still believe your own post now?

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

16 Feb 2018, 5:10 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
RetroGamer87 wrote:
OhkaBaka wrote:

Yeah? Is there some reason I shouldn't?

OhkaBaka
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

16 Feb 2018, 5:47 pm

RetroGamer87 wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:

Yeah? Is there some reason I shouldn't?

I get the sense that Boo is trying to use modern organized bully tactics (baiting, "calm" rationalization, getting the other side to make a mistake so you can spring a trap... the sort of thing alt-right/Nazi/MRA baby-men use to make themselves appear like talented debaters and not just script kiddies)... only he's skipping the middle bit where he makes you say or do something he can take advantage of and jumps right to the "Ahah" moment... which doesn't work and makes his whole schtick seem kinda disjointed.

Takes a lot of the fun out of it.

XFilesGeek
Veteran
Veteran

16 Feb 2018, 5:58 pm

RetroGamer87 wrote:
OhkaBaka wrote:

Even in the chimp world, betas and omegas still manage to mate and father children.

Not as many as the alphas, but the alphas physically keep their females under control. It has little to do with female preference.

That's one of the reasons I discount "evo psychology." It's based entirely on unfalsifiable statements and cherry-picked data. In the real world, among primates, mating is much more complex than a set of per-determined factors, and, seeing how humans are the most socially complex of all the apes, it's much more random.

"If we fail to anticipate the unforeseen or expect the unexpected in a universe of infinite possibilities, we may find ourselves at the mercy of anyone or anything that cannot be programmed, categorized or easily referenced."

-XFG (no longer a moderator)

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

16 Feb 2018, 6:32 pm

Jane Goodall was using "Alpha," in the sense of the male who ran the band. Not in the sense of "who" females are attracted to. Many times, females get turned off by the leader of the band in the chimp world.

Of course, it's not just Alpha, Beta, Gamma, Delta, etc. in the chimp world as far as sex is concerned.

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

16 Feb 2018, 7:06 pm

I wonder if Jane Goodall was a fan of Aldous Huxley.

XFilesGeek
Veteran
Veteran

16 Feb 2018, 7:07 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
Jane Goodall was using "Alpha," in the sense of the male who ran the band. Not in the sense of "who" females are attracted to. Many times, females get turned off by the leader of the band in the chimp world.

Of course, it's not just Alpha, Beta, Gamma, Delta, etc. in the chimp world as far as sex is concerned.

In many cases, females have no choice.

"If we fail to anticipate the unforeseen or expect the unexpected in a universe of infinite possibilities, we may find ourselves at the mercy of anyone or anything that cannot be programmed, categorized or easily referenced."

-XFG (no longer a moderator)

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

16 Feb 2018, 7:15 pm

I've heard of chimp females rejecting the Alpha Male, and going off with the man of her choice.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

16 Feb 2018, 7:22 pm

higher ranking females in a troupe have been known to block lower-ranking females from getting close to the alpha male.