Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

RainbowUnion
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2018, 7:11 pm

I am a late comer to these games, but I love them, with just one major issue. The Riddler content.

Riddler is a major Batman adversary on the level of Joker and Penguin and always has been. I hated him being relegated to side missions and stupid meaningless collection achievements (I hate collection missions generally in video games). Riddler should have been a major player in both games, integral to the plot, and solving his riddles should have been essential in terms of figuring out where to go and what to do in the game. But having to maneuver yourself so you can spot correctly a giant green question mark painted in invisible paint? THATS A RIDDLE? I don't think so. And the parts of Arkham City where you had to get the trophy using the remote control batarang (which is very difficult to control) were so outrageous that I gave up on the Riddler content altogether.

Otherwise these games are awesome, possibly the best superhero games period.

"It must be understood, that neither by word nor deed had I given Fortunato cause to doubt my good-will. I continued as was my wont, to smile in his face, and he did not perceive that my smile was at the thought of his immolation."

Edgar Allan Poe, The Cask of Amontillado

KyleTheGhost
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jan 2018, 5:18 am

Agreed. I found the Riddler stuff difficult and frustrating too. I got of the ones from Asylum and all but 4 from City, but sometimes it was fun. Although Riddler's arrogance was very annoying.

I liked how they brought back Kevin Conroy and Mark Hamill for Batman and the Joker, too.

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jan 2018, 9:19 am

I beat the demo of the first game, but haven't gotten around to playing through the full versions yet (I have backlogs upon backlogs of great games). I felt that the gameplay was somewhat lacking, but it was worth it just to have the old TAS magic back again.

RainbowUnion wrote:
Riddler is a major Batman adversary on the level of Joker and Penguin and always has been.

Actually, if I can be perfectly Aspie with you, The Riddler wasn't introduced until 1948, almost ten years after The Bat-Man's debut! Even Scarecrow and Two-Face have been around longer. Catwoman, The Joker, and Penguin were all introduced roughly the same time as Robin.

Sorry about that :oops:

KyleTheGhost wrote:
I liked how they brought back Kevin Conroy and Mark Hamill for Batman and the Joker, too.[/b]

...and Arleen Sorkin, and Paul Dini B) Probably many others, as well.

RainbowUnion
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jan 2018, 1:39 pm

SabbraCadabra wrote:
I beat the demo of the first game, but haven't gotten around to playing through the full versions yet (I have backlogs upon backlogs of great games). I felt that the gameplay was somewhat lacking, but it was worth it just to have the old TAS magic back again.

RainbowUnion wrote:
Riddler is a major Batman adversary on the level of Joker and Penguin and always has been.

Actually, if I can be perfectly Aspie with you, The Riddler wasn't introduced until 1948, almost ten years after The Bat-Man's debut! Even Scarecrow and Two-Face have been around longer. Catwoman, The Joker, and Penguin were all introduced roughly the same time as Robin.

Sorry about that :oops:

KyleTheGhost wrote:
I liked how they brought back Kevin Conroy and Mark Hamill for Batman and the Joker, too.[/b]

...and Arleen Sorkin, and Paul Dini B) Probably many others, as well.

Ok, but the Riddler is still a major Batman villian, and these games handled him terribly.

"It must be understood, that neither by word nor deed had I given Fortunato cause to doubt my good-will. I continued as was my wont, to smile in his face, and he did not perceive that my smile was at the thought of his immolation."

Edgar Allan Poe, The Cask of Amontillado