Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

wombashkaya.fukovchi
Butterfly
Butterfly

24 Jan 2018, 9:10 pm

I posted replies to other topics before I got round to introducing myself. It's a bit like walking into a party and hearing all the conversations at once and not being able to stop myself from joining the ones I can contribute to before I say hello to anyone. :)
Aaaaaand I couldn't figure out what to say about myself, so I've been reading everyone else's introductions and trying to use them as examples. :oops:
So...
I'm 31, I was diagnosed with Aspergers when I was 10 and CPTSD last year. I have been battling varying degrees of depression and anxiety since I was 8.
I live on one side of the world and my entire family live on the other. I was homeless for a fair chunk of my adult life. I used to travel around occupying forests and other bits of land that needed saving, as well as being a bicycle powered bag lady. I used to dress up as a monkey and busk with my accordion. I used to do a lot of things.
Now, and for the last year and a half, I have been fighting the NHS tooth and nail to try to get treatment for my hands after I ruined them doing the kind of seasonal jobs that are available to itinerant silly monkeys.
Then, now and always, I carry on my quest to read all the books. Special interests come and go-sometimes they are replaced by new ones and sometimes they are taken away by circumstances beyond my control-but there's always all the books. These days I mostly read about science (aaah, such a broad umbrella term that encompasses so many wonderful things. Ecosystems!! ! Brains!! Subatomic particles!! !) but I am also interested in history and politics. I enjoy fiction too, but there's so much of it in the world and a lot of it is terrible.
I don't know how prolific I will be on these forums. Sometimes I'm the life of the party and sometimes I hide in my bed for weeks at a time. But it's nice to see so many people (not literally, it'd be terrifying if I could actually see you all!) that I don't have to pretend anything around or explain my weird brain to.
Introverts unite! Separately...In our own bedrooms.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2018, 11:17 pm

Welcome to Wrong Planet! :)