Page 1 of 1 [ 16 posts ] 

DarthMetaKnight
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2018, 10:12 pm

Has anyone ever made a game based on Maximum Overdrive by Stephen King?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maximum_Overdrive

There are plenty of games out there in which you play as a guy in a car, but I'd like to play a game in which you literally are the car and you have to crush all the puny organisms.

What other video games need to exist?

READ THIS -> https://represent.us/

Aspiegaming
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jan 2018, 11:55 am

A horror comedy game where you through room to room facing almost every phobia in the dictionary.

If my darkness or eccentricness offends you, I don't really care.

I will not apologize for being me.

Masakados
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

26 Jan 2018, 9:47 am

An open world pirate game that's actually good. Where you can go pillaging villages and just overall be a jerk. You know how pirates were.

Aristophanes
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jan 2018, 10:26 am

A simulation where you're a game developer, kind of like the sims, but every 20 seconds you've got a manager screaming for more production, if you don't handle him a 2nd manager comes along and starts screaming, etc. You can get assists in your task from co-workers, but you have to translate their language to yours. And you have a constant feed on the left hand side of the screen with consumers that play the game complaining about your work. Every day you succeed you get a paycheck, a 2 dollar voucher for the therapist of your choice.

Masakados
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

26 Jan 2018, 11:36 am

Aristophanes wrote:
A simulation where you're a game developer, kind of like the sims, but every 20 seconds you've got a manager screaming for more production, if you don't handle him a 2nd manager comes along and starts screaming, etc. You can get assists in your task from co-workers, but you have to translate their language to yours. And you have a constant feed on the left hand side of the screen with consumers that play the game complaining about your work. Every day you succeed you get a paycheck, a 2 dollar voucher for the therapist of your choice.

Game dev tycoon?

fifasy
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jan 2018, 12:50 pm

A game like Civilisation but with a lot more options. If you changed government type to democracy, you have to win elections. If you're a king sometimes a rebellion from a brother or someone else will occur and you have to fend them off. You can set more policies and it impacts other countries. For example you ban the sale of cigarettes and it leads to a country with lots of tobacco farms having an recession.

insertgenericlewdcomment
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

26 Jan 2018, 3:10 pm

a spritual sequel to spec ops: the line, developed by people who fell within it's target audience. hard to explain.

jon85
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

30 Jan 2018, 9:37 am

Ever played Factorio?

Well, i had this idea once that what if there was a game similar, but instead of aliens, you had to build up a base to protect against the weather. And in a similar kinda way, the more pollution you create, the worse the weather gets. Strong storms would come in waves, and each one deadlier than the last. The aim is to ensure your base is fit for surviving said storm before it arrives.

I really want this to be a game!! :ninja: :ninja: :ninja:

Stunning Images On T-Shirts, Homeware and More!!

AlanSmithee
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

30 Jan 2018, 8:55 pm

A game co-starring Wario and Waluigi, where they get into all sorts of antiheroic chaos throughout the Mushroom Kingdom.

kokopelli
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jan 2018, 9:08 pm

We need some good western games. Things like being attacked by rustlers when out on a roundup.

A western version of Second Life would be really cool.

MariaTheFictionkin
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jan 2018, 9:11 pm

kokopelli wrote:
We need some good western games. Things like being attacked by rustlers when out on a roundup.

Why would there need to be a western version of Second Life? I'm pretty sure that there are maps people have that are themed with western stuff. I'm just curious since I regularly go on SL.

Second Life is literally like a sandbox social community paltform. You can make and have pretty much anything on there.

kokopelli
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jan 2018, 9:14 pm

MariaTheFictionkin wrote:
kokopelli wrote:

Why would there need to be a western version of Second Life? I'm pretty sure that there are maps people have that are themed with western stuff. I'm just curious since I regularly go on SL.

Second Life is literally like a sandbox social community paltform. You can make and have pretty much anything on there.

I hadn't been on it in maybe five years. That would be cool. Do they have horses and cattle and buffalo, too?

MariaTheFictionkin
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jan 2018, 9:21 pm

kokopelli wrote:
MariaTheFictionkin wrote:
kokopelli wrote:

I hadn't been on it in maybe five years. That would be cool. Do they have horses and cattle and buffalo, too?

Pretty much everything on Second Life is user-made content so I'm sure people have made and imported models of things like that into the platform. I can't really go searching for different maps right now to see but from the kind of maps I go to, yeah, I've seen horses, cattle and buffalo.

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jan 2018, 8:12 am

Masakados wrote:
An open world pirate game that's actually good. Where you can go pillaging villages and just overall be a jerk. You know how pirates were.

You didn't like Sid Meier's Pirates?

I think I like the Sega Genesis version the best, though the modern 3D remake is pretty decent as well.

IdahoRose
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jan 2018, 12:13 pm

I would love to play a Hellsing visual novel. Romancing the girls from that series would be really fun. I'd be happy to make one myself but I'd rather not risk getting hit with a cease & desist.

MisterSpock
Veteran
Veteran

05 Feb 2018, 4:10 pm

I would really like to see a game of the survival type crossed with fantasy and a little 4X. I've never found anything that quite matches that combination. Mass Effect storytelling in a State Of Decay/Witcher world, that really focusses on community and rebuilding.

I want to see this so much that I've penned probably 30,000 words, written music, spent countles hours on design, and made considerable financial outlay to get a step closer to seeing it. I just need the time and energy to build it.