Did you?
Yes 19%  19%  [ 4 ]
No 81%  81%  [ 17 ]
Total votes : 21

erijon3
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

24 Jan 2018, 10:17 pm

And no, I'm not talking about quit after graduating.

I am diagnosed with Asperger's though I do doubt I actually have it.

I'm amazed noone here has called me edgy yet.

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2018, 11:14 pm

ok, now what?

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.

SH90
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jan 2018, 11:41 am

I am not sure what you’re getting at. But I have a GED and some college... Yet I make more money then my aunt (we are close in age) who graduated college. Although she has a more stable job and I sure that has nothing to do with our education differences. She is NT and I’m not.

I am guessing you already dropped out or thinking about it. You still should get a GED or equivalent. Then look into trade schools or apprenticeship. Once learning a trade and on the job. Take a class or two at nights. By the time you master your trade, you will also have a degree and will be very attractive for advancement. With zero debt because most employers will pay for it.

MagicMeerkat
Veteran
Veteran

05 Feb 2018, 8:40 am

In a way. I was homeschooled and one day my mom decided she didn't want to work with me anymore. She wanted to "live her life" and I was holding her back.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

10 Feb 2018, 6:22 pm

No, because I am still a college student.

Blue_Star
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

10 Feb 2018, 7:59 pm

erijon3 wrote:
And no, I'm not talking about quit after graduating.

High school or college/university?

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

13 Feb 2018, 7:36 am

I didn't quite high school although I stopped going for a few months due to anxiety. I still graduated.

I quite community college a couple of times. I still don't know if it's worth it for me to go back. I did enjoy parts of it though.

MathGirl
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2018, 11:40 am

No. I've always had that ability to become a recluse, get my work done, and get it over with. Or just be a recluse to begin with and avoid people unless necessary (e.g., group work). And, of course, cause an uproar if I feel I am facing ostracism and being excluded in any way because of who I am.

Likely ADHD instead of what I've been diagnosed with before.

SSJ4_PrestonGarvey
Toucan
Toucan

18 Feb 2018, 11:23 pm

I graduated HS but need to go back for college/university. But I don't know what to take. I like computers but it seems that programming is a high pressure environment.

MathGirl wrote:
And, of course, cause an uproar if I feel I am facing ostracism and being excluded in any way because of who I am.

Did that happen in college/university as well?

Mudboy
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2018, 2:26 am

erijon3 wrote:
I'm 16 but I f*cking wanted to access the adult category

That's cool. For my 12th birthday my mother wrote a note to for me to carry to libraries and bookstores. It said I could read, check out, or buy anything from the adult sections. It was short essay on the evils of censorship.

You may need a break from school, but don't ruin your ability to study your interest areas. You need to get an diploma equivalency that allows you to take university courses that interest you. The last college course I took was two years ago. I average around 15 credits a year. I stopped keeping score decades ago.

MathGirl
Veteran
Veteran

20 Feb 2018, 7:49 am

SSJ4_PrestonGarvey wrote:
MathGirl wrote:
And, of course, cause an uproar if I feel I am facing ostracism and being excluded in any way because of who I am.

Did that happen in college/university as well?
Sort of. It was not like high school, where people would visibly ostracize, but I did not fit in and interact with anybody in my classes. So when there were group or partner projects, nobody wanted to partner with me and there was one time I had to defend working on a project on my own with the course director.

I could actually tell people in that class were weirded out by me because, one day when I was talking to a friend on the spectrum outside the classroom right before we were let inside, I heard a classmate say "that is the most awkward conversation I have ever heard" while looking in my direction.

:x

Likely ADHD instead of what I've been diagnosed with before.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

21 Feb 2018, 6:28 am

I wanted to drop out of high-skewl cuz I have learning disabilities on top of my Aspegers but my parents wouldn't let me. They insisted I needed a high-skewl diploma for job applications. All the job apps I've done either didn't ask about high-skewl or they said diploma or GED so I feel my parents were wrong. I had NO desire at all to go to college cuz of my disabilities & I never regretted for a second not going. I only passed high-skewl because I had some grades curved every year so I wouldn't fail.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition