Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

LittleCoyoteKat
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jan 2018, 6:26 pm

The last few weeks have been a lot. A lot has happened, I've been through a lot, revisited a lot, and made peace with a lot. I feel like I'd like to make some new friends again, finally. But I'm terrible at making new friends. I honestly do not know how to go about it anymore. I try, but it never seems to work properly. I don't know if I'm missing signals, if I'm sharing too much, if I'm too reserved, if I talk too much or too little, if I'm misunderstanding what they're saying or they're misunderstanding me... I honestly have no idea which way is up and what I'm doing wrong, if I even am doing anything wrong. Or maybe I just don't understand the terms of friendship or how friendship looks anymore. If I ever even did....

Ugh.

"Ineptitude" may not be a strong enough word. I am so lost and confused on it all that I can't even articulate myself well about it.

I am a Bookwyrm.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jan 2018, 2:23 pm

NEVER try to force it.

The best friendships are those which are grown over time.

Just continue “being yourself,” with the caveat that people often say offensive things without meaning to. They usually say them over ignorance of your uniqueness.

Don’t get mad. Become a teacher instead. If a person doesn't want to be taught, it is not worth it to be their friend.

I’ve had to learn that lesson.

By the way: Do you want to be friends? :)

LittleCoyoteKat
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jan 2018, 11:49 pm

Ohhh, there's no chance of me trying to force it. As much as I'd like to make new friends, I'm barely capable of being close to the people I already know and love deeply. But it's good advice, so thanks.

It's really more that people kind of edge out of the room, in a metaphorical sense. I suppose I'm off-putting, or some such thing. I would just like to know what it is, so that I'm aware of it. I'm not interested in changing myself or fabricating anything. I just naturally have a constant need to KNOW, lol.

I agree, they're not worth it if they aren't willing to be flexible.

:D Of course! ^-^ I really like you Kortie.

I am a Bookwyrm.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jan 2018, 11:42 am

:D

Your “ept” enough for me.