Dangerous Convicted Felon Diagnosed with Asperger's

Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ] 

ConvictedFelon
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

25 Jan 2018, 6:44 pm

Ok, so here goes. I am a DANGEROUS FELON... well, not really, but that is what U.S. District Judge Miranda M. Du of the District of Nevada would have you believe.

I've just got out of prison after doing 6 years (with a good portion of that in solitary confinement) for credit card fraud related charges. I was "officially" diagnosed with "Adult Autism Spectrum Disorder/Asperger's" in 2016 after going back to court for re-sentencing. Unfortunately, the court considers Asperger's/Autism as a disease that must be "cured" and such diagnosis going "untreated" results in a serious risk to public safety. As such, has ordered me on house arrest following prison for the purpose of "mental health treatment". I am NOT allowed to have any socialization or recreational interaction with the community whatsoever. I find it rather perplexing that a "social disorder" is "treated" with isolation. I have not had much success in finding a "mental health" expert that is familiar with Autism/Asperger's (especially in the criminal court context).

So basically here I am, sitting in front of a computer, doing absolutely nothing all day long. I have no friends, no resources, no family (local to me), no connections for employment, nothing. I have an ankle monitor on me so I have to wear clothing that is atypical to the weather outside in order to conceal it.... lest I be presumed to be a dangerous criminal that must be watched, for fear that I might pull out an AR-15 and shoot the place up or something...

Any suggestions on how I might convince this court that you 1.) Can't "cure" Autism, and 2.) You can't "treat" someone with a "social disorder" by prohibiting them from having normal social interaction with the community....