Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

coalminer
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

25 Jan 2018, 10:50 pm

I feel more relaxed when I'm the only one home. It lets me go about my business without having to worry about someone interrupting me; I get really upset when my plans for the day get messed up because of unexpected things. When my mom and/or dad come home, I'm always a little bummed to see my alone time end. But at the same time, I don't want my whole life to be like this.

Who else feels this way?

bobaspie2015
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

25 Jan 2018, 11:29 pm

I enjoy my 'alone' time. I live with another guy and I look forward to when he retires for sleep.

Linuxlover1000
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

25 Mar 2018, 3:51 am

I'm the same way, I stay up late at night just so I can get a few hours uninterrupted.

Tesla1856
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

29 Mar 2018, 11:48 am

Linuxlover1000 wrote:
I'm the same way, I stay up late at night just so I can get a few hours uninterrupted.

Same here, I usually stay up to like half past two these days for that exact reason. :/

TheAP
Veteran
Veteran

29 Mar 2018, 12:10 pm

Yes, I often feel stressed when my whole family is home, because there tends to be a lot of noise and sometimes fighting. I don't like being interrupted to talk about things either. I prefer to be left alone.

Trogluddite
Veteran
Veteran

29 Mar 2018, 12:29 pm

Yes, very much so. I am way more relaxed during the hours when there won't be knocks at the door, phone calls, emails etc. and it's always the best time for me to write prose or code.

Even if I'm out for a walk in the countryside, I get resentful if there are other people hanging around my favourite spots, spoiling the peace by being noisy, or even just saying "hello" as they walk past. I know this is very selfish of me, and they have as much right to enjoy these places as I do, but I can't help feeling it as a violation of "my" sanctuary.