Page 1 of 2 [ 24 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Joe_Winko_From_YouTube
Raven
Raven

26 Jan 2018, 6:07 am

I figured I might as well post this here since a lot of people were trying convince me how much my life will suck while I'm living on SSI...
I did a video about this last month too:

I had another dream that died in Arkansas. (if you wanna know the signinigance behind Arkansas then read this thread: http://wrongplanet.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=341183 )

but definitely not the same way in that scenario...

I had a dream that I was still living with my adoptive parents back in Wisconsin, and I woke up one morning and these strangers were sitting at the kitchen table with my adoptive parents, and they told me that the USA passed a new law that gives mentally ill people who can't work the option to be euthanized/put to sleep voluntarily. They gave me a document and they said that if i signed it they would have me euthanized.

I signed the document But then i told them i DID NOT want to die in the state of Wisconsin at all, because I hated it there and didn't want to die there.

So instead, they called a taxi and drove me down to a hospital outside of Jonesboro Arkansas. I walked inside a hospital room which had this song playing on the radio, Cruel Summer by Bananarama, the song that always reminded me of the time I almost died in Arkansas:

Then they stuck a needle in my arm and had me euthanized and put to sleep and I died.

I now want to pass this law for real in the USA. there's countries in Europe which already do have a law like it. I remember reading one news story that a woman in Europe was put to sleep/Euthanized voluntarily due to mental trauma from being sexually abused: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3583783/Sex-abuse-victim-20s-allowed-choose-euthanasia-Holland-doctors-decided-post-traumatic-stress-conditions-uncurable.html

But the only thing is, I have no idea where to start with trying to get this law passed. I know it'll take a really long time, but I'm wondering if anyone has any advice on how I can do this?

I honestly don't really want to die right now, things in my life aren't bad enough for that yet, but when my luck runs out, I want that option to be available. suicide is a horrible and painful and very difficult thing to do, and I don't want to have to do that to myself.

I believe people should be given the right to die with dignity.

Fogman
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jan 2018, 2:06 pm

Yes of course, You can do anything to or for yourself as long as it doesn't harm any others.

This being said, you should have a damn good reason for doing so. I am currently going through the process of apllying for the process of Voluntary Euthanasia, not because of some quibble over spending my life of SSI, (yeah, it is a depressing outlook) but because I was diagnosed with Stage IV-B Colorectal Cancer, which is a Terminal diagnosis. The hospital that I was diagnosed at was trying to get me into an Oncology Institute to undergo possibly years of Chemotherapy, ( Chemo drugs are essentially poisonsin their own right) and hIgh dosage Radiation treatment. --For a return that even after 5 years of this,( to be paid for at Taxpayer expense) that I would have about a 15% chance of not dying.

I talked to the Oncologist that was assigned to me me and she laid on the beauty of the whole process of this, and never once did she, or any of the other the previous doctors give me any info about my prognosis, with Chemo treatment, or without. I confronted her and she was quite taken aback by my questions. She tried to steer me away from the downside that I had a high probability of dying even after alll of the chemo and Radiation treatment.

She did tell me that I would probably be dead in 6 months without it. So basically a slow death with all of the chemo and radiological treatment effects, or an agonizing death where I would die in misery in a hospital bed with tubes and IV's going in and out of me, or the quickest and least financially damage to all, voluntary euthanasia.

GrandFunk
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

26 Jan 2018, 2:40 pm

I support both of you.

When we're ready to go (for whatever reason) there should be a compassionate and painless way to go.

Seems there are a lot of societal norms that disagree, though.....I'm not sure why or how long it will take to overcome them.

Disconaut
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

26 Jan 2018, 5:13 pm

OK, I am not trying to be mean here, but you sound like you need someone to give it to you straight, so here goes:

You need to stop doing this. This is nothing other than a ploy for attention because other posters aren't telling you what you want to hear, and are telling you (the truth) that living life on SSI is not realistic. So, instead of growing up and taking responsibility for your own life, you want to pass a law so you can use taxpayer money to kill yourself? That will never fly, you do not have a terminal illness. You just don't want to put the work in to find ways to live with your diagnosis.

There is a huge difference between having an untreatable, terminal physical illness and choosing assisted suicide for that reason, and having completely treatable (and in the case of BPD, curable) illnesses that make life harder for you.

You are literally going to put all this effort so you can try and pass a law to make euthenasia for mental conditions allowed in the USA (not gonna happen), when you could put this effort toward recovery and managing your illnesses. You want to be a victim, plain and simple.

As someone with Borderline, people like you are what make recovery so difficult for people who want to put the work in. You are contributing to the stigma others suffer, when it comes to both ASD and BPD.

In my DBT courses, we learned the following about living with BPD: Other people might have caused the problems in your life, but YOU still have to fix them. Until you realise that, you won't get better.

And if you have no interest in getting better, own that. Don't blame your disorders when the rest of us are working our asses off to overcome the same things you have.

Fogman
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jan 2018, 9:51 pm

Disconaut wrote:
OK, I am not trying to be mean here, but you sound like you need someone to give it to you straight, so here goes:

You need to stop doing this. This is nothing other than a ploy for attention because other posters aren't telling you what you want to hear, and are telling you (the truth) that living life on SSI is not realistic. So, instead of growing up and taking responsibility for your own life, you want to pass a law so you can use taxpayer money to kill yourself? That will never fly, you do not have a terminal illness. You just don't want to put the work in to find ways to live with your diagnosis.

There is a huge difference between having an untreatable, terminal physical illness and choosing assisted suicide for that reason, and having completely treatable (and in the case of BPD, curable) illnesses that make life harder for you.

You are literally going to put all this effort so you can try and pass a law to make euthenasia for mental conditions allowed in the USA (not gonna happen), when you could put this effort toward recovery and managing your illnesses. You want to be a victim, plain and simple.

As someone with Borderline, people like you are what make recovery so difficult for people who want to put the work in. You are contributing to the stigma others suffer, when it comes to both ASD and BPD.

In my DBT courses, we learned the following about living with BPD: Other people might have caused the problems in your life, but YOU still have to fix them. Until you realise that, you won't get better.

And if you have no interest in getting better, own that. Don't blame your disorders when the rest of us are working our asses off to overcome the same things you have.

Um.... Just basically, yeah.

Chronos
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jan 2018, 10:01 pm

Joe_Winko_From_YouTube wrote:
I figured I might as well post this here since a lot of people were trying convince me how much my life will suck while I'm living on SSI...

I had another dream that died in Arkansas. (if you wanna know the signinigance behind Arkansas then read this thread: http://wrongplanet.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=341183 )

I had a dream that I was still living with my adoptive parents back in Wisconsin, and I woke up one morning and these strangers were sitting at the kitchen table with my adoptive parents, and they told me that the USA passed a new law that gives mentally ill people who can't work the option to be euthanized/put to sleep voluntarily. They gave me a document and they said that if i signed it they would have me euthanized.

I signed the document But then i told them i DID NOT want to die in the state of Wisconsin at all, because I hated it there and didn't want to die there.

So instead, they called a taxi and drove me down to a hospital outside of Jonesboro Arkansas. I walked inside a hospital room which had this song playing on the radio, Cruel Summer by Bananarama, the song that always reminded me of the time I almost died in Arkansas:

Then they stuck a needle in my arm and had me euthanized and put to sleep and I died.

I now want to pass this law for real in the USA. there's countries in Europe which already do have a law like it. I remember reading one news story that a woman in Europe was put to sleep/Euthanized voluntarily due to mental trauma from being sexually abused: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3583783/Sex-abuse-victim-20s-allowed-choose-euthanasia-Holland-doctors-decided-post-traumatic-stress-conditions-uncurable.html

But the only thing is, I have no idea where to start with trying to get this law passed. I know it'll take a really long time, but I'm wondering if anyone has any advice on how I can do this?

I honestly don't really want to die right now, things in my life aren't bad enough for that yet, but when my luck runs out, I want that option to be available. suicide is a horrible and painful and very difficult thing to do, and I don't want to have to do that to myself.

I would not say life sucks on SSI. You can still work and earn money as SSI is intended to be supplemental. It can just be limiting if you want to make financial investments and if you can support yourself without government assistance, that gives you more financial flexibility in life.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jan 2018, 10:24 pm

In reality, one has to make less than about $400 a month in order to maintain their full SSI benefits.

Chronos
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jan 2018, 10:40 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
In reality, one has to make less than about $400 a month in order to maintain their full SSI benefits.

SSI is usually between $600 and $900 per month for an individual so with the $400 that would be $1000 to $1300

That a little more than a full time job on federal minimum wage on the high end. Still poor but those with particular ideologies in this country would not agree to government assistance if it didn't keep people impoverished.

With the way some people carry on about people buying steak and seafood with food stamps, it makes me wonder if they've ever actually paid much attention to prices of things, and what they expect poor people to eat. I suppose there are some pricey steaks and seafood out there but I see cheap steaks and sea food all the time.

Joe_Winko_From_YouTube
Raven
Raven

27 Jan 2018, 8:37 am

Disconaut wrote:

how stupid are you??

you think that the only reason why i wanted to pass this law is just because my life would suck on SSI? that is the dumbest thing i've ever heard anyone say....

I think you better read this: https://wrongplanet.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=338804

and this: viewtopic.php?t=341183

before you think of thinking so stupid as that -_- because i know for a fact you have not paid ANY attention to a single other word i said...

And next, how the f**k would you know if my mentall illnesses were 'treatable'? do you know how many f*****g years i've been in f*****g therapy??? and how many f*****g meds i've been on?? AND DO YOU KNOW HOW MANY OF THEM DIDNT DO JACK s**t AND HOW MANY OF THEM ACTUALLY MADE THINGS MUCH WORSE??

Disconaut wrote:

have you ever thought that maybe i do not want to cure my mental illnesses because this word is full of f*****g as*holes that i don't want to be part of and that I do not want to become a 'contributing member of society for'? -_-

and how the f**k would you know that this law wouldn't end up passing?? to start with countires in Europe ALREADY HAVE THIS LAW PASSED. the woman who was put to sleep here: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... rable.html
WAS NOT TERMINALLY ILL! she had mental illness from trauma of being abused! pay attention!

AND ALSO, donald trump HATES gay people and wants mentally ill people out of the way (2 things that I am) so i'm definitely sure he'd be ok with it also -_-

Last edited by Joe_Winko_From_YouTube on 27 Jan 2018, 8:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

Joe_Winko_From_YouTube
Raven
Raven

27 Jan 2018, 8:43 am

Fogman wrote:
Yes of course, You can do anything to or for yourself as long as it doesn't harm any others.

This being said, you should have a damn good reason for doing so.

1.) All of my biological relatives are dead (the only one i miss is my uncle)
2.) I hate my adoptive family and they don't like me either
3.) I'm suffering with type 1 diabetes which really takes a toll on my body
4.) I hate the way this world runs and think people are jerks

I think those reasons are damn good enough... I wouldn't mind living on SSI instead i guess honestly.
Things aren't really too bad for me to be put to sleep yet, but if they ever get there i'd want that option to be available.

Fogman wrote:
I am currently going through the process of apllying for the process of Voluntary Euthanasia,

you should be helping me figure out how to pass this law.

Fogman wrote:
not because of some quibble over spending my life of SSI,

there's more that I forgot to list, but you seriously think that's the only reason why I wanted to get this law passed?

Fogman wrote:
(yeah, it is a depressing outlook) but because I was diagnosed with Stage IV-B Colorectal Cancer, which is a Terminal diagnosis. The hospital that I was diagnosed at was trying to get me into an Oncology Institute to undergo possibly years of Chemotherapy, ( Chemo drugs are essentially poisonsin their own right) and hIgh dosage Radiation treatment. --For a return that even after 5 years of this,( to be paid for at Taxpayer expense) that I would have about a 15% chance of not dying.

I talked to the Oncologist that was assigned to me me and she laid on the beauty of the whole process of this, and never once did she, or any of the other the previous doctors give me any info about my prognosis, with Chemo treatment, or without. I confronted her and she was quite taken aback by my questions. She tried to steer me away from the downside that I had a high probability of dying even after alll of the chemo and Radiation treatment.

She did tell me that I would probably be dead in 6 months without it. So basically a slow death with all of the chemo and radiological treatment effects, or an agonizing death where I would die in misery in a hospital bed with tubes and IV's going in and out of me, or the quickest and least financially damage to all, voluntary euthanasia.

i'm really sorry that you're going through that, my biological uncle, who was really my only friend who i ever had, also died of cancer in 2012.

Now i'm just left with a world full of people like @Disconaut.... think about that for a second... -_-

Joe_Winko_From_YouTube
Raven
Raven

27 Jan 2018, 8:46 am

& I thought this site would full of people who would understand my mental conditions....

God I was wrong....

whatever.

Daniel89
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jan 2018, 8:55 am

Is it really that big of an Issue in the US you have easy access to guns. I am going to have to kill myself when I can no longer live independently this is something I dread I think I will probably jump in front of a train hopefully this will be in at least 30 years time and society would have progressed enough by then that legal euthanasia is accessible.

Disconaut
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

27 Jan 2018, 9:31 am

Disconaut wrote:

how stupid are you??

you think that the only reason why i wanted to pass this law is just because my life would suck on SSI? that is the dumbest thing i've ever heard anyone say....

I think you better read this: https://wrongplanet.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=338804

and this: viewtopic.php?t=341183

before you think of thinking so stupid as that -_- because i know for a fact you have not paid ANY attention to a single other word i said...

And next, how the f**k would you know if my mentall illnesses were 'treatable'? do you know how many f*****g years i've been in f*****g therapy??? and how many f*****g meds i've been on?? AND DO YOU KNOW HOW MANY OF THEM DIDNT DO JACK s**t AND HOW MANY OF THEM ACTUALLY MADE THINGS MUCH WORSE??

Disconaut wrote:

have you ever thought that maybe i do not want to cure my mental illnesses because this word is full of f*****g as*holes that i don't want to be part of and that I do not want to become a 'contributing member of society for'? -_-

and how the f**k would you know that this law wouldn't end up passing?? to start with countires in Europe ALREADY HAVE THIS LAW PASSED. the woman who was put to sleep here: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... rable.html
WAS NOT TERMINALLY ILL! she had mental illness from trauma of being abused! pay attention!

AND ALSO, donald trump HATES gay people and wants mentally ill people out of the way (2 things that I am) so i'm definitely sure he'd be ok with it also -_-

Did you read my post? I have BPD, likely Asperger's (and if not that, severe, untreated ADHD, although ASD is the official DX), so yes, I know first hand the feeling of being suicidal and the terrible emotional turmoil that comes with that. Which is why I am taking six months of intensive DBT. I've been in therapy since I was 8, and I've been on 15 different meds, all failed. But I'm refusing to give up. You don't have to give up either. The choice is yours.

Please look into DBT therapy. It is designed specially for people with BPD. It is basically nueral reprogramming. I'm only six weeks in and my mind already feels less chaotic. It might even help you with some areas you struggle with when it comes to ASD.

Again, the choice is yours. Maybe it doesn't seem like a possible choice now, but one day you'll get fed up with being so unhappy. There is no need to die when the resources exist to make it so you can live the life YOU want for yourself. The only one stopping you, is you.

When it comes to "not wanting to get better", I am reminded of the quote by an Eastern Philosopher (Confucius? Buddha? Possibly Lao Zhu): holding onto anger and negative emotions is like swallowing poison and expecting your enemy to die.

You aren't taking revenge by not contributing to society. If you aren't contributing (and that doesn't always mean working), you can't change things. And yes, the world IS full of as*holes. Ignore them, they are miserable and will hate on anyone or anything.

Getting better is a scary thing. Its like jumping off an extremely high diving board and someone's taken the ladder...jumping into the pool is scary, but one you do it, you see it was fine all along.

Joe_Winko_From_YouTube
Raven
Raven

27 Jan 2018, 11:51 am

Disconaut wrote:
When it comes to "not wanting to get better", I am reminded of the quote by an Eastern Philosopher (Confucius? Buddha? Possibly Lao Zhu): holding onto anger and negative emotions is like swallowing poison and expecting your enemy to die.

^Do you know how many times I've heard that quote -_-
not sure how it has anything to do with what we're talking about either, because it really doesn't.

Disconaut wrote:
Getting better is a scary thing. Its like jumping off an extremely high diving board and someone's taken the ladder...jumping into the pool is scary, but one you do it, you see it was fine all along.

I don't want to get better at all. it's not worth it. And in all honesty, I actually feel fine the way I am.

I don't get your point at all...
to be completely honest, all you're doing is making me mad... you're not changing my mind at all... and I don't even want anyone to anyway.

the point of this thread was to ask how I can get this law passed. not for me to be bashed and lectured some random person.

Chronos
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2018, 12:29 am

If you want to apply for SSI, I believe you can't have had a job for 6 months (which makes no sense because you can have a job while on SSI, but it's the government). However you have a good facial structure and you might be able to get some work as a model. You might want to check around with some modeling agents.

Disconaut
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

29 Jan 2018, 6:09 am

Disconaut wrote:

^Do you know how many times I've heard that quote -_-
not sure how it has anything to do with what we're talking about either, because it really doesn't.

Disconaut wrote:

I don't want to get better at all. it's not worth it. And in all honesty, I actually feel fine the way I am.

I don't get your point at all...
to be completely honest, all you're doing is making me mad... you're not changing my mind at all... and I don't even want anyone to anyway.

the point of this thread was to ask how I can get this law passed. not for me to be bashed and lectured some random person.

If you don't want to get better, and you feel fine, why bother with this law? If you're fine with living a subpar life, just do it and stop begging others on here to approve of it. You've been extremely rude to other posters here simply because they won't tell you what you want to hear.

Just remember, you have no one to blame but yourself. No one is going to help you get a law passed that the majority of Americans disagree with. This isn't Europe, we have a different culture here and you simply are not going to see euthenaisia available for mental health issues.

So go ahead - spend your whole life fighting a fight that will never be won, feeling like s**t, living on pennies, instead of putting that focus into getting better and having a productive life.

And you're surprised no one wants to help you? No one wants to get sucked into your cyclone of self-pity, dude.