Long time no post but I'll introduce myself anyway

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

Stompgal
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

26 Jan 2018, 10:07 am

Hello everyone,

Nearly three years ago I started a topic in the General Autism Discussion about my dissertation I wrote when I was at university. My dissertation was about the portrayal of autism and Asperger's in the media and I asked people on this forum to give me their thoughts and opinions on A is for Autism and a podcast about a family with an autistic son but I got no replies to it. Despite this I managed to successfully complete my dissertation.

On a more general note I'm a 30-year-old woman and I was diagnosed with autism when I was four but when I was 14 I read about Asperger syndrome in a magazine report about autism where a girl who was my age at the time had Asperger syndrome and I thought I had it too because I likened my traits to those the girl had although I haven’t had an official diagnosis of it yet.

I live in my own flat/apartment that is in a house where there are support staff on duty. I am independent for the most part but staff are available on site when I need them.

My hobbies and interests include art and crafts, music, dancing, swimming, walking, food and cooking, films, animation (particularly Disney, anime and retro 80s and 90s cartoons), reading, television and YouTube.

I look forward to posting on this forum again soon.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jan 2018, 1:28 pm

Welcome back to Wrong Planet! :)