Page 1 of 3 [ 40 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

ladyelaine
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jan 2018, 12:13 pm

I have never been able to attract men in my age group. It seems that I can only attract creepy guys over 40. I wish I could attract guys my own age (mid to late twenties). Do any of you find it difficult to attract guys in your age group?

Amity
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jan 2018, 12:43 pm

ladyelaine wrote:
I have never been able to attract men in my age group. It seems that I can only attract creepy guys over 40. I wish I could attract guys my own age (mid to late twenties). Do any of you find it difficult to attract guys in your age group?

What classifies a man as being creepy?
I've noticed that older men tend to be more direct, but with less intensity than younger men when they find someone attractive.

ladyelaine
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jan 2018, 1:02 pm

Amity wrote:
ladyelaine wrote:

I've noticed that older men tend to be more direct, but with less intensity than younger men when they find someone attractive.

It is creepy when a guy stalks me on Facebook or in person. It is creepy when they try to cheat on their wives with me. I don't want to be anyone's side b***h or mistress. I don't like it when people have to sneak around to see me. I don't want to be with anyone that is old enough to be my father or grandfather.

Chronos
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jan 2018, 9:00 pm

ladyelaine wrote:

I've never really attracted men my age either. As with you, most of the few men that have expressed interest in me are significantly older and married.

It may be because I'm not particularly feminine and dress fairly plainly but am perhaps not absolutely horrendous looking either, so I am less appealing to men my age who have their eyes on higher maintainence feminine fashionistas but look like an easy catch for older men who think they can get a younger, low drama mistress.....no, not with me.

I consider cheating on one's spouse a horrible transgression.

ladyelaine
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jan 2018, 9:23 pm

Chronos wrote:
ladyelaine wrote:

I've never really attracted men my age either. As with you, most of the few men that have expressed interest in me are significantly older and married.

It may be because I'm not particularly feminine and dress fairly plainly but am perhaps not absolutely horrendous looking either, so I am less appealing to men my age who have their eyes on higher maintainence feminine fashionistas but look like an easy catch for older men who think they can get a younger, low drama mistress.....no, not with me.

I consider cheating on one's spouse a horrible transgression.

I find that these older men want someone they can take advantage of. The more vulnerable, the better.

Syd
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jan 2018, 10:00 pm

I have this recurring problem of men three times my age hitting on me.

I think it started around a year ago when I began working as a nurse at a retirement home.

Chronos
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jan 2018, 10:02 pm

Syd wrote:
I have this recurring problem of men three times my age hitting on me.

I think it started around a year ago when I began working as a nurse at a retirement home.

I think those very old men just think they are being cute.

Fireblossom
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jan 2018, 1:03 am

I don't seem to attract men of any age unless they're drunk and even then they're older than me... :roll:

Amity
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jan 2018, 4:17 am

ladyelaine wrote:
Amity wrote:
ladyelaine wrote:

It is creepy when a guy stalks me on Facebook or in person. It is creepy when they try to cheat on their wives with me. I don't want to be anyone's side b***h or mistress. I don't like it when people have to sneak around to see me. I don't want to be with anyone that is old enough to be my father or grandfather.

Yup stalking and cheating are creepy behaviours, though I think age difference relationships are less creepy and more a personal preference. I can think of a few people in these types of relationships.

LittleCoyoteKat
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2018, 2:49 am

I honestly never tried. I prefer men that are at least 3 years older than me. My Husband is 8 years older than I am. I just didn't and don't have time for the petty bs men in their 20s and early 30s pull. Plus they're just waaaaay too energetic for me. I did a lot of living in a very short amount of time, and when I'm not feeling entirely out of place in the world I feel so old it's not even funny.

I am a Bookwyrm.

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jan 2018, 2:04 pm

ladyelaine wrote:

I wouldn’t take that personally. Most creepy old guys will try it on with a young person if there is a chance they’ll say yes.

I don’t tend to attract anyone at the moment due to the fact I make no effort to meet new people.

Generally speaking, I can. Though through experience, I’ve learned that age has little to do with how a person treats you.

smudgedhorizon
Toucan
Toucan

13 Feb 2018, 8:37 pm

I immediately attract all sorts of men when going braless or wearing a short dress/shorts :roll:
Another thing is to go painting/drawing open air. They appear out of nowhere and ask questions :cry:

B19
Veteran
Veteran

13 Feb 2018, 11:49 pm

Creepiness isn't a function of age. It's a function of behaviour. Ageism is not against the rules here, though it does cause distress to some of the older members (who are not creeps). If you want to attract men your own age, then join groups maybe on Meet up which are age-specific meet up groups. There are groups for people in their 20s, age limited, there might be one near you. If not there will be other MU groups which tend to be more likely to have young adult members because of the core interests the group is about. There are plenty of friendship groups with a range of age too.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2018, 5:54 am

Women who paint are pretty sexy.....

OliveOilMom
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2018, 11:21 am

Be careful with saying you want guys your age. I once said that if I were single I would only date guys my own age and some nut got pissed off and insisted I was ageist lolol.

The link to the forum is http://www.rightplanet.proboards.com

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2018, 12:51 pm

Age is truly “just a number.”

I’ve been turned on by 20-year-olds.

I’ve been turned on by 70-year-olds