Are there any bad games you have nostalgia for?

Page 2 of 3 [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

diablo
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

12 Feb 2018, 8:33 pm

Hidden & Dangerous, Mercenaries 2.

Not "bad" games but with enough bugs to make you facepalm at times.

Almajo88
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

13 Feb 2018, 10:15 pm

jon85 wrote:
Koudelka

Created by a team of former Squaresoft guys. I've never completed it and have owned and traded it in countless times. But it's now a rare find. I haven't seen it about in years. Would love to get my hands on a copy to play again. Even though it is undoubtedly quite s**t.

I knew someone who had this, when I was younger. It always had some sort of exotic appeal, but I never saw more than a little of it, some scattered gameplay of a guy shooting bullets around a floating chair. It's generally considered to be a poor game, but I would love to go back and enjoy it on its own terms.

Also, the people who made this went on to produce Shadow Hearts. I love that game.

advertisingfan123
Raven
Raven

14 Feb 2018, 7:42 pm

the Shrek 2 videogame. None of the original voice actors, scenes and major characters that had absolutely nothing to do with the movie (like Red Riding Hood), random mini games, a white guy voicing Donkey, nonstop fighting, I could go ON AND ON AND ON about how this game was NOT faithful to the movie. Even my parents hated it.

advertisingfan123
Raven
Raven

16 Feb 2018, 12:44 pm

Also have nostalgia for Auto Modellista on the PS2. It's a racing game with really poor controls, but the graphics and rock-dance music got you hooked. It is also the only game I know of where you can drive the retro-style Mitsuoka cars. There was even a VJ remix mode for all your replays.

advertisingfan123
Raven
Raven

16 Feb 2018, 12:54 pm

Disney's Extreme Skateboarding Adventure, also on PS2. Basically Tony Hawk for kids, this game, for some reason, combined levels set in the worlds of Toy Story, Lion King, and Tarzan with product-placement-heavy city-themed levels where you had to deliver McDonald's burgers to your friends, look for pieces of a new Nokia ringtone, etc. Reminds me of bad fanfiction.

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2018, 9:42 pm

JustFoundHere wrote:
The "Magic 8 Ball.'

And here I was feeling old for thinking of Pac-Man and E.T. for the Atari 2600. :)

Actually, I don't care for either of those games. Maybe Urban Champion for the NES. I thought it was funny whenever a flower pot landed on one of the fighters' heads or the way they'd move back and look around innocently when a police car went by (even though you'd have to start the fight all over again).

Almajo88
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

24 Feb 2018, 8:42 pm

This is a game I have nostalgia for purely because I played it at a young age.

I have never played it since, and don't want to, but I still feel a strange warmness when I see this game being played.

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

25 Feb 2018, 6:13 am

That does look kind of bad, but still kind of impressive for running on a stock Genesis in 1992. Anything like that with polygons or raytracing impresses me. I'll have to check it out, I like most of Core's other games.

Yokokurama
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

25 Feb 2018, 9:57 pm

Pretty much any Dreamcast game. Space Channel 5, Blue Stinger, Frogger 2, Mrs. Pac Man, Sonic Adventure. I had the wheel accessory as well so I played a lot of driving racing games and felt amazed that I could actually "steer".

Frankbarr
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

03 Aug 2018, 4:29 am

Thanks for the informative news.

Almajo88
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

08 Aug 2018, 8:52 am

Thanks for the thread necromancy because I just remembered that Super Hydlide was one of my favourite Mega Drive games, as a child. To be fair I'd never played another RPG and didn't until FF7, which completely blew me away because I assumed they were all like Super Hydlide.

ThisAdamGuy
Veteran
Veteran

11 Aug 2018, 5:29 pm

Enter the Matrix. My cousins showed me this game when we were all together for Christmas and it blew my eight year old mind. I bought it for my PS2 and beat it even though it would be close to twelve years before I even watched the first movie. I tried playing it again a couple months ago and my first thought was "Wow, the rose colored glasses are strong with this one!"

traven
Veteran
Veteran

24 Aug 2018, 2:11 am

na ja....

DeepHour
Veteran
Veteran

24 Aug 2018, 4:18 am

There can't have been many, or any, worse FPS games than Fears for the Amiga 1200 and CD32. I managed to get through three or four levels before giving up back in about 1996. I'd like to complete it someday simply because it is a damned hard challenge.

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

17 Sep 2018, 9:35 pm

Marko's Magic Football for the Megadrive. So bad but so good!

huimaa
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

18 Sep 2018, 12:10 am

I can't remember the exact names of the games but in my childhood my dad had weird games on his computer like a dart game (Dart 'M Up, I think), Snowmobile racing game and of course the original DOOMs. I still play DOOM I and II sometimes, they're fun and have great music on.