seems like there are a lot of reprocessed PS1 and PS2 games.

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2018, 4:19 am

So yeah went onto the playstation store I can access on my PS3, and seems like they have a bunch of PS2 and PS1 games you can get for PS3 through the store. So I have thought about getting some, because those are the kind of video games I remember playing as a kid....My mom was super against video games so I missed out some growing up on what are popular games or ones worth playing. So yeah just kind of a clueless 27 year old trying to get back into games. I play League of Legends and apperently now is the time to play ranked matches to build some new stats for the new season. But yeah I am not great I main support but yeah, that can still be hard but I am fairly good with Soraka and Braum.

whatamievendoing
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2018, 7:48 am

If you're into platformers, I'd recommend the original Crash Bandicoot trilogy. Those games are pretty much essential PlayStation playing for any self-respecting PlayStation (wo)man.

Enigmatic_Oddity
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2018, 12:36 pm

It's hard to recommend games without knowing your tastes. If you're looking to get into the Sony back catalogue, I would recommend Shadow of the Colossus, it's a great platformer that debuted on the PS2 that I think appeals to a broad player base.

Metal Gear Solid 3 which also debuted on the PS2 is an excellent narrative driven stealth action game. It is a prequel of sorts, considered by many to be the best in the series and doesn't require playing previous games.

Castlevania Symphony of the Night is a PS1 action game and is widely considered to be one of the finest 'Metroidvania' style games. Unlike most PS1 era games its sprite based visuals haven't aged and it's still a great looking game by today's standards.

I can recommend many more games from the PS1/PS2 era, but of the ones I've played these are the ones I feel have the most broad appeal and have aged the least in terms of gameplay and technology.

Kristaok
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

28 Jan 2018, 2:07 pm

Ps1 and ps2 has amazing games. I really loved Harvest Moon Back to Nature & Save the Homeland, I also LOVED Dark Cloud 2.