About me, a 17 year old female who has ASD (tmi?)

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

ladybirdy
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

28 Jan 2018, 8:06 pm

Hi!

I'm new to the site :)

My Story​

I left school at 14 due to my mental health and being undiagnosed - I have struggled with school all my life and I was at breaking point; having panic attacks everyday before school. One day my dad decided enough was enough and I didn't go to school that day, and didn't go back. The next day I went to the GP. He diagnosed me with severe anxiety and severe depression. Since then I have been out of full time education, I didn't keep in touch with my friends. To be honest, I never really had any. Just this group of people I would tag along with. I tried many alternatives to full time education. Being undiagnosed at this time, I struggled. I NEEDED support. I just knew I was autistic, but social workers in the past told me my parents were giving me "a false identity." This has hurt me greatly. Of course I didn't believe a word she said. I KNEW I was autistic! People told me I was making it up and to never speak of it again. Finally, at 16, I was put into a residential hospital (I was only a day patient, I couldn't handle living there!), a lovely lady diagnosed me with ASD. I was so relieved! I was only at the hospital for a few months. Since then, I have done nothing at all with my life. I find everyday a challenge. I find it hard to get out of bed. It's a miracle if I do. I have amazingly 1 online friend who I adore, but sadly they live all the way in America and here I am in the UK. They are the only person I can connect with. They have also been diagnosed recently with ASD. Hurrah! I have tried to reach out to people, make friends, but no one really GETS me. I would love, love, LOVE to make some friends. I am wanting to learn how to do pottery, that is my goal for 2018 - oh, and to make some more friends!

A Bit About Me

I'm a very unique individual, I have my own style and I stand out (I don't really like to, if I could be invisible, I would!) I just love being colourful, unique and bright! I am quite childlike, but not childish. I currently have greeny blue hair, (a man in the street once told me I looked like a mermaid!), my typical outfit would be colourful clothes, colour coordinated, cute shoes and an adorable backpack! One of my favourite backpacks is a Po backpack! (YES, from the Teletubbies!) My special interest is Ed Sheeran. I have adored that man since I was 12/13. I have seen him 3 times, 4 coming up in June! I also like bugs. :beetle: They are my cute little friends! :bee:

I'm quite a character, but if you can handle me, message me! :p

coalminer
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

28 Jan 2018, 8:24 pm

Welcome to the site. :)

If you ever need support, you can post in the Haven section at any time. We tend to be a little slow to reply, but we'll always offer advice and comfort.

If you ever want to console in a specific person here, you can send me a personal message. My life hasn't been nearly as rough as yours, so I don't feel confident in giving you life advice, but I'll listen to whatever you have to say. :)

My only warning is that you shouldn't post about politics; I've heard that some nasty stuff has resulted from that...

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2018, 6:04 pm

Welcome to Wrong Planet! :)