Page 1 of 2 [ 29 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

LegoMaster2149
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2018, 11:27 am

What do you think about tomboys?

-LegoMaster2149 (Written on January 29, 2018)

PIforyou
Butterfly
Butterfly

29 Jan 2018, 12:40 pm

Do you mean the girls that would rather hang with guys and do physical things? Yes I like them.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2018, 1:09 pm

I don't have any problem with them.

Why would anybody have any problem with them?

Theamazinggeek
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

29 Jan 2018, 1:19 pm

Lets see my sisters one.
My last 2 exs were both
A good friend of mine is one

Soooooo
Ya i like em too.
I feel safe around a tomboyish lady.
Why do you ask ?

"Im search of answers, new marvels, and new questions to ask."

Disconaut
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

30 Jan 2018, 3:33 am

Lol, they usually hate me :P

bobaspie2015
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

30 Jan 2018, 4:59 am

PIforyou wrote:
Do you mean the girls that would rather hang with guys and do physical things? Yes I like them.

I am more interested in the guys the tom boys hang around with. ........ :D :lol: :P

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jan 2018, 5:27 am

I find them easy to relate to. I’m not a complete tomboy, I am not a sports fan, but I tend to wear old shirts and shorts 90% of the time, so probably look like one.

They tend to be down to earth and real, which I like in people and can relate to.

AngelRho
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jan 2018, 6:03 am

I had one tomboy gf. Big time redneck girl, too. Personally, I thought she was hot and would gladly have dated another girl like her had the opportunity presented itself.

LegoMaster2149
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jan 2018, 10:38 am

LegoMaster2149 wrote:
What do you think about tomboys?

To answer my own question, I really like tomboys because they break away from the feminine characteristics, and I also like them because it feels like it makes me easier to get along with.

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jan 2018, 8:08 am

I think tomboys are sexy!

I get a bit impatient with girls who like girly things too much

SportsGamer35728
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

31 Jan 2018, 8:24 am

I love all athletic women, tomboy or feminine (ex. gymnasts, cheerleaders, and figure skaters)! It's frustrating that the only ones comfortable around me are lesbians though! :P

yellowtamarin
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jan 2018, 8:56 pm

I think we are pretty great, haha.

honeymiel
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

01 Feb 2018, 8:33 pm

I'm not sure what you mean by tomboy? As in, prefers shorts/jeans to dresses/skirts? Wears sneakers instead of high heels? Doesn't put much effort into hair/makeup/nails etc? Doesn't care about fashion?

I'm trying to figure out if I'm a tomboy. I will wear dresses with sneakers (stylish ones), or shorts and a t-shirt BUT also wear my hair out (styled) and wear makeup, do my nails. I also prefer physical activities - hiking, walking, video games. Mostly male friends when I was in school

I have a friend who only wears jeans/shorts and t shirts (rarely wears dresses, doesn't care for fashion), doesn't wear makeup, hair is always in a ponytail, skate shoes, tech nerd. But she's otherwise very effeminate and doesn't have many male friends.

Does anyone ever fit neatly into the tomboy category? Or is that just a way to describe females who don't fit the 'girly girl' mould perfectly?

AngelRho
Veteran
Veteran

01 Feb 2018, 8:58 pm

I think of tomboys as girls who prefer male fashion and activities to traditional feminine ones. One of my students has been raised mainly by her dad. She’s obviously ruled by her hormones and can be a little, erm...sensitive and impatient. But at the same time she loves hunting, 4-wheelers, and can tell you exactly how to skin a beaver properly.

No, I’m not kidding. You have to understand local culture where I live. Of course in this part of the U.S., survivalist skills and activities are just part of the culture, so we have a distinctive taste for things most people would give the side eye. Y’know, okra, chitterlings, chicken livers and gizzards, poke sally, blackberry cobbler, etc. It has something to do with how our ancestors were abused over a dispute over states’ rights and the lengthy war that followed. “Making do” is just how we live, so certain things that most people think of as “tomboyish” for us are things we all enjoy and take part in regardless of gender. A girl who likes to hunt isn’t necessarily a tomboy, whereas a girl who ONLY likes to hunt and who prefers camo to tight jeans might be.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

02 Feb 2018, 1:50 am

PIforyou wrote:

If the above no thanks. I don’t do physical things so it wouldn’t work out

If just a non girly girl who wears t shirts and pants and doesn’t like shopping etc then I like them.

Benjamin the Donkey
Veteran
Veteran

02 Feb 2018, 11:31 pm

It's the type of woman I usually prefer.