Page 1 of 2 [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Aniihya
Veteran
Veteran

04 Feb 2018, 3:28 pm

Dreams sometimes come true. Depends on your standards. "If you work hard, you will be successful." Is not one of them, but is something rich people say who were born into a wealth family already and ignore the problems of the poor who work hard and still are poor.

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

04 Feb 2018, 3:38 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
You should watch the Bullwinkle Show sometime.

There’s a character named “Mr. Know-It-All.”

"Mr. Know-it-all" is actually played by Bullwinkle the Moose. It's funny because he is really quite dumb and slow-witted, unlike his sidekick Rocky the Flying Squirrel.

In the Ren and Stimpy Show, Stimpy would appear in a segment called Ask Dr. Stupid, where he would come up with crazy answers to kids' questions. It may possibly have gotten inspiration from Mr. Know-it-All, or maybe kiddie shows that feature an "intellectual" host in general.

Wow, that really made me sound like a know-it-all. :doh:

MrsPeel
Veteran
Veteran

07 Feb 2018, 3:52 am

bobaspie2015 wrote:
'Know it all's' such as you, annoy me.

Steady on, guys. Kraftie is actually really knowledgable about cities, I've deduced it's a special interest of his (am I right, Kraftie?). The fact that he's even seen pictures of Townsville is pretty extraordinary!

But what I really wanted to say was, I hope you find the love you're looking for too, bobaspie.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

09 Feb 2018, 6:32 pm

Yep. Geography is a special interest. Has been since my father bought me a globe and showed me some of the countries on it. I was about 6 or 7.

He also bought me the Columbia Encyclopedia----a real lifesaver!