Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

Kitty4670
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2018, 6:03 pm

I’m on a diet, is it true that people shouldn’t call it diet, they should call it life style change? I read that before. If you call it a diet, your body won’t lose & it would be more hard to lose, cuz you are trying too hard & you need a positive attitude. Do you have to eat to lose weight? I read that people should eat 5 meals a day, 3 meals & 2 snacks. I read sooooo many things about weight loss, I don’t know what true or not. Do you have to eat if you not hungry? Can you lose weight if you not eating too much? I heard you can lose water. It took me decades to learn about what ‘no pain, no gain’ means.

Closet Genious
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jan 2018, 11:47 am

All of that is nonsense.

You just have to consume less calories than your body expends, that's more or less all there is to it.

MariaTheFictionkin
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jan 2018, 11:57 am

^ I agree.

I'm not a health export but I've always heard that's the best way in losing weight and it's the only thing that makes any sense to me. As well as making sure that any extra calories you consume is worked off from exercising etc. The longer you sit and eat 1000s of calories a day, the more you gain weight because you're not working off that stuff.

Fancy diets are not going to get you anywhere, especially if it ends up making you malnourished. It's good to know your BMI (Body Mass Index) and all that other stuff that I really don't know about and know how many calories you can intake everyday as well as factoring in how much you are active physically on a daily bases.