Hi, Married to aspie, introducing myself

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

goodnouc
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

30 Jan 2018, 1:08 pm

This is my first post. I'm so happy to find this site and I hope it's active? I am neurotypical (boring) and married to someone that I suspect has aspergers. How can one go 14 years of marriage and just suspect this? It started with my neighbor, whose daughter is an expert in autism spectrum. I just said something randomly, "Husband and I are sooo different," referring to the care we take of our household. Needs a new roof? I'm on it. Furnace not working? I'm on it. House needs interior paint? On it. Husband? Brilliant. So intelligent, achieves the admiration and respect from everyone he works with. Hates social situations unless it's someone in which he has a shared work interest. Me? I'm intelligent, but I have different gifts. I am intuitive, perceptive of people's emotions and social with a cap. In other words, I can get too much and am happy to retreat, so I love being with my Introvert and has always admired his quirky interests in books, movies. He is not boring at all. Neighbor says-- as soon as daughter met him, she said "Aspergers." And after consulting google, I see a resemblance. I understand better the lack of empathy. I understand the compulsive behavior when it comes to collecting airplanes and horror movie posters. I start seeing a light of recognition. Yep, that. Yep, that.

He is not diagnosed. But I have tons of questions.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jan 2018, 5:42 pm

Welcome to Wrong Planet! :D

goodnouc
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

31 Jan 2018, 8:13 pm

AnonymousAnonymous wrote:

Thank you!

LegoMaster2149
Veteran
Veteran

01 Feb 2018, 1:20 pm

-LegoMaster2149 (Written on February 1, 2018)

nephets
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

01 Feb 2018, 2:07 pm

The site is very active. Feel free to ask us questions. There are thousands of us.