Your negative characteristics or "flaws"

Page 1 of 7 [ 105 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next

Theamazinggeek
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

01 Feb 2018, 3:21 pm

auntblabby wrote:
lack of energy and lack of organization. a tendency towards "Sheldon" levels of literalness and guile. being scatterbrained. having trouble differentiating people's faces and voices. having no talent for appropriate spontaneity. taking way too long to learn even simple things. being easily startled, to comic effect to strangers. clumsiness in general, poor proprioception. difficulty getting out of my own way. not being of this earth in terms of feeling a visceral connection with the world of people, which can be a spiritual advantage but it makes life in this world hard.

There are those who can live on there own, those who can't. As aspbeegers and autism we all feel disconnected right ?

Lack of organization..... you wrote your post rather well. Yeah i know it doesnt count. We all make a mess or two. I trip on flat ground too. Im easily scared and i easily sneak n scare people too.

Im a scatterbrain and a literalist at times too. It typical. For me it takes voice and face to remember a name.

"Im search of answers, new marvels, and new questions to ask."

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

01 Feb 2018, 10:26 pm

Theamazinggeek wrote:
There are those who can live on there own, those who can't. As aspbeegers and autism we all feel disconnected right ? Lack of organization..... you wrote your post rather well. Yeah i know it doesnt count. We all make a mess or two. I trip on flat ground too. Im easily scared and i easily sneak n scare people too. Im a scatterbrain and a literalist at times too. It typical. For me it takes voice and face to remember a name.

thank you :flower: some nice person could come into my tin can and make it ship shape up the yingyang, and within hours it would look like a storm swept through it.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

01 Feb 2018, 10:44 pm

Theamazinggeek wrote:
sly279 wrote:
I have so many it’d be easier to list my good traits
But ok I’m basically I have a low paid job, no car, I don’t live alone, I’m ugly, I’m fat, I’m weak, I’m too feminine, my hair is thinning, I have anxiety, adhd, im awkward, im shy, I have medical issue that causes me to burp a lot, I like cartoons and anime, I play video games, I’m too emotional (feminine) I’m tok romantic and touchy feeling, etc :cry:

Some of its in your control. Job hunting, gym and diet, meds for anxiety and adhd. You can learn to drive and eventually save for a car.

Shy and akward, we learn to step out and eventually get stronger right ?

Non probs are romanticism (too romantic and touchy) (there are girls who dig it) too emotional. It can be a plus

Unless you play too much watch too much then theres no prob. Its not the only things you watch right ?

Due to my disability I am unable to work full time. There’s no well paid part time jobs.

Women do not dig emotional men. Nor men who like to be touchy and cuddle allot. They call us wimps and clingy.

No but watching cartoons and anime at big red flags to women, cartoons apparently men’s a man is a that word thst means sexual attracted to kids, anime means the man is sexist towards women and a pervert.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

01 Feb 2018, 10:45 pm

whatamievendoing wrote:
sly279 wrote:
I play video games

I'm curious as to why you see this as a flaw.

According to women men who play video games are childish man babies.

MissChess
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

01 Feb 2018, 10:54 pm

sly279 wrote:
whatamievendoing wrote:
sly279 wrote:
I play video games

Sly, I'm going to add "I overgeneralize when it comes to women" to your list of flaws. ;)

I've been a gamer since I was 9, which was before the first AD&D manuals were published. I'm a video game hound and have been since video games became a thing 'way back when. I dragged MisterChess into the first Warcraft (Orcs vs. Humans), then into UO, EQ, and WoW, because he was either going to play video games with me or spend a lot of time alone.

Oh, and I have flaws. Temper is one of them. I'm one of the most selfish people I know, too - I don't really mean to be, but I can literally forget that the people around me (even the ones I love and would never willingly hurt) depend on me for things.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

01 Feb 2018, 10:54 pm

^^^ya gotta find one who LIKES video games, they do exist, but rare.

Britte
Veteran
Veteran

01 Feb 2018, 11:04 pm

I trust people too easily and quickly.

I am unable to maintain friendships, despite my deep desire to.

My emotions overpower my thoughts.

I am too effected by loss.

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

01 Feb 2018, 11:06 pm

sly279 wrote:
whatamievendoing wrote:
sly279 wrote:
I play video games

That’s becoming less and less common as the gamer generation get older. We will be the 80 year old gamers one day.

Anything pre generation x usually have rigid ideas about cartoons and gaming, but they will be gone in 30 years.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

02 Feb 2018, 1:08 am

MissChess wrote:
sly279 wrote:
whatamievendoing wrote:
sly279 wrote:
I play video games

Sly, I'm going to add "I overgeneralize when it comes to women" to your list of flaws. ;)

I've been a gamer since I was 9, which was before the first AD&D manuals were published. I'm a video game hound and have been since video games became a thing 'way back when. I dragged MisterChess into the first Warcraft (Orcs vs. Humans), then into UO, EQ, and WoW, because he was either going to play video games with me or spend a lot of time alone. Video games isn’t nearly as big as sports or tv. It’s still got a negative view about adult gamers. Lot of people still think it’s just for kids.

Oh, and I have flaws. Temper is one of them. I'm one of the most selfish people I know, too - I don't really mean to be, but I can literally forget that the people around me (even the ones I love and would never willingly hurt) depend on me for things.

It’s what most women think, it’s a common meme. Also conservatives think it to. I’ve been told any one who plays video games over 18 is a man babie.
See you play video games. Meaning your a gamer. Most people and women aren’t gamers. And so view video games as just for kids. It’s why people freak out about games like gta existing cause “kids shouldn’t play thst type of games” no s**t cause it’s made for adults lol.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

02 Feb 2018, 1:14 am

hale_bopp wrote:
sly279 wrote:
whatamievendoing wrote:
sly279 wrote:
I play video games

That’s becoming less and less common as the gamer generation get older. We will be the 80 year old gamers one day.

Anything pre generation x usually have rigid ideas about cartoons and gaming, but they will be gone in 30 years.

Yes but it’s till not at a point where most the population plays games or thinks it’s ok.
One of my platoon mates wife made him stop playing games. I’ve overheard a lot of gamers wife’s or gfs tell them to stop playing and grow up. I was always told I’d have to too if I got a gf. A lot of people play mobile games but view that differently then console players or pc gamers.

Example how many women would not be embarrassed if they’d husband or bf carried around a vita or switch and played it in public? Even a big YouTube gamer admitted that’d be social suicide and isn’t accepted by the general population. I’m sure it might get to a point one day who knows. Most my ex friends stopped playing games when they got gfs and wife’s they quote “grew up”

It’s always bothered me that gamers are losers but people who spend most their time watching a sport on tv and drinking beer is normal and cool. Gamers just have a different entertainment interest is all.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

02 Feb 2018, 1:19 am

auntblabby wrote:

They rare and they tend to hide it too.id be better off just trying to find one who is ok with it. Likewise with guns.

Sabreclaw
Veteran
Veteran

02 Feb 2018, 1:26 am

sly279 wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

They rare and they tend to hide it too.id be better off just trying to find one who is ok with it. Likewise with guns.

Competition for decent women who are genuinely into video gaming is way too stiff for anyone not already good with women to bother. Trying to stand out among a legion of gamer guys is a pointless endeavor. Just ditch the gaming.

Closet Genious
Veteran
Veteran

02 Feb 2018, 1:31 am

I have extremely low patience for false politeness.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

02 Feb 2018, 1:33 am

IMHO "false politeness" beats the burlap outta no politeness at all.

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

02 Feb 2018, 1:42 am

sly279 wrote:
Yes but it’s till not at a point where most the population plays games or thinks it’s ok.
One of my platoon mates wife made him stop playing games. I’ve overheard a lot of gamers wife’s or gfs tell them to stop playing and grow up. I was always told I’d have to too if I got a gf. A lot of people play mobile games but view that differently then console players or pc gamers.

Example how many women would not be embarrassed if they’d husband or bf carried around a vita or switch and played it in public? Even a big YouTube gamer admitted that’d be social suicide and isn’t accepted by the general population. I’m sure it might get to a point one day who knows. Most my ex friends stopped playing games when they got gfs and wife’s they quote “grew up”

It’s always bothered me that gamers are losers but people who spend most their time watching a sport on tv and drinking beer is normal and cool. Gamers just have a different entertainment interest is all.

I think because the majority of my friends are geeky I just don’t see a lot of non gamers. I forget that it isn’t the norm.

The whole point of the switch is to take it with you :P I played gameboy advance sp in university classes (How did I pass?)

Last edited by hale_bopp on 02 Feb 2018, 1:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

02 Feb 2018, 1:57 am

hale_bopp wrote:
sly279 wrote:

I think because the majority of my friends are geeky I just don’t see a lot of non gamers. I forget that it isn’t the norm.

The whole point of the switch is to take it with you :P I played gameboy advance sp in university classes (How did I pass?)

I don’t know anyone locally who plays games. One guy at work use to but stopped when he started to move up in the work place and got a GF.
Mean there are lots of guys thst game, we have a gaming store. And back in 2013 there were 80 guys in line to buy new PS4. But we are the minority in comparison to non gamers. I wish I could meet geeky women.

Yup. Which I fortunately makes it a poor choice for adult gamers wanting to blend in. Guess it’d still be good for travel and playing In your hotel room though. Then again Nintendo is geared towards kids. They’ve always been since the GameCube.
I use t take my vita places. I’m sure my family at gatherings thought I’m a man child though. I can’t not do anything though drives my adhd crazy. I have a game boy advanced somewhere.