Your negative characteristics or "flaws"

Page 2 of 7 [ 105 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

02 Feb 2018, 1:57 am

hale_bopp wrote:
sly279 wrote:
Yes but it’s till not at a point where most the population plays games or thinks it’s ok.
One of my platoon mates wife made him stop playing games. I’ve overheard a lot of gamers wife’s or gfs tell them to stop playing and grow up. I was always told I’d have to too if I got a gf. A lot of people play mobile games but view that differently then console players or pc gamers.

Example how many women would not be embarrassed if they’d husband or bf carried around a vita or switch and played it in public? Even a big YouTube gamer admitted that’d be social suicide and isn’t accepted by the general population. I’m sure it might get to a point one day who knows. Most my ex friends stopped playing games when they got gfs and wife’s they quote “grew up”

It’s always bothered me that gamers are losers but people who spend most their time watching a sport on tv and drinking beer is normal and cool. Gamers just have a different entertainment interest is all.

I think because the majority of my friends are geeky I just don’t see a lot of non gamers. I forget that it isn’t the norm.

The whole point of the switch is to take it with you :P I played gameboy advance sp in university classes (How did I pass?)

I don’t know anyone locally who plays games. One guy at work use to but stopped when he started to move up in the work place and got a GF.
Mean there are lots of guys thst game, we have a gaming store. And back in 2013 there were 80 guys in line to buy new PS4. But we are the minority in comparison to non gamers. I wish I could meet geeky women.

Yup. Which I fortunately makes it a poor choice for adult gamers wanting to blend in. Guess it’d still be good for travel and playing In your hotel room though. Then again Nintendo is geared towards kids. They’ve always been since the GameCube.
I use t take my vita places. I’m sure my family at gatherings thought I’m a man child though. I can’t not do anything though drives my adhd crazy. I have a game boy advanced somewhere.

Loner269
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

02 Feb 2018, 6:59 am

I have a plethora of negative traits that have put off women from me until this day and probably far beyond:

-Obesity, I have been about 40 pounds overweight since 18 and it has made a huge impact on my confidence and I just don't carry my weight very well. It is something I'm really working towards right now and have lost a noticeable amount of fat, 10 pounds approx since I started in the beginning of this year.

-I haven't graduated from any schools since elementary school due to my complete lack of motivation for the working life and I've just wanted to spend my days playing video games in my house, only leaving outside to get food. This might change as I am about halfway through my current school and I should be able to push through it now that I have some more motivation.

-I also don't have a job as nobody really hires here unless you've graduated from somewhere after elementary, so this will probably have to wait until I have graduated from my current school at least. This of course means I am quite poor and cannot afford the luxuries many girls demand from their husbands.

-As I stated before, I really love playing video games and would probably want to do nothing else but sleep and play games if I could.. Now I'm sure there are girls out there who don't mind gaming when it's done in moderation but I doubt there's any who would want someone for whom it is their life pretty much.

-My attitude towards women has shaped to bit of a misogynist over the years of being treated like crap by them and by reading the MGTOW and Red Pill-posts online and sucking all that hate inside me. Due to my AS I have also always been very rude towards even my best friends and have lost almost all of them through the years because of some of my actions or words that have been too much to take. This is something I have improved on a bit while maturing but I can still be very hurtful from time to time, especially when drunk.

-Speaking of being drunk, alcohol has also been a huge problem for me and has contributed loads on gaining weight and wasting money and losing friends. I have decided to quit drinking almost completely and will only drink on rare occasions now.

These are just some of the reasons I can think at the top of my head why I am not found appealing by women but I'm sure there are more which I myself don't even recognize but others do. All I can do really is do my best to work on improving my life and who knows, maybe some day a girl might even be interested.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

02 Feb 2018, 9:32 am

^^^At least you’re working on it.

whatamievendoing
Veteran
Veteran

02 Feb 2018, 1:09 pm

sly279 wrote:
whatamievendoing wrote:
sly279 wrote:
I play video games

I'm curious as to why you see this as a flaw.

According to women men who play video games are childish man babies.

Some women maybe, but certainly not all. Take note that roughly 50% of gamers today are in fact female. Heck, there are women working and getting recognition in the video game industry.

Theamazinggeek
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

02 Feb 2018, 1:11 pm

Closet Genious wrote:
I have extremely low patience for false politeness.

Know that feeling. Makes you roll your eyes in reality. And in your mind youve slapped them a few times while yelling.

"Im search of answers, new marvels, and new questions to ask."

Theamazinggeek
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

02 Feb 2018, 1:17 pm

Britte wrote:
I trust people too easily and quickly.

I am unable to maintain friendships, despite my deep desire to.

My emotions overpower my thoughts.

I am too effected by loss.

Being aspies were all over trusting and over effected by emotions. Its natural for our kind.

Effected by loss? Theres no measure for that ... were human. When we lose something we all take time to heal at different rates.

As keeping frienships alive. It takes hard work it simething we all work at here. Its a aspie trait. My number of friends is low but they understand im blunt, overthruthful n such. Youll find ones that stick.

Theamazinggeek
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

02 Feb 2018, 1:37 pm

Loner269 wrote:
I have a plethora of negative traits that have put off women from me until this day and probably far beyond:

-Obesity, I have been about 40 pounds overweight since 18 and it has made a huge impact on my confidence and I just don't carry my weight very well. It is something I'm really working towards right now and have lost a noticeable amount of fat, 10 pounds approx since I started in the beginning of this year.

-I haven't graduated from any schools since elementary school due to my complete lack of motivation for the working life and I've just wanted to spend my days playing video games in my house, only leaving outside to get food. This might change as I am about halfway through my current school and I should be able to push through it now that I have some more motivation.

-I also don't have a job as nobody really hires here unless you've graduated from somewhere after elementary, so this will probably have to wait until I have graduated from my current school at least. This of course means I am quite poor and cannot afford the luxuries many girls demand from their husbands.

-As I stated before, I really love playing video games and would probably want to do nothing else but sleep and play games if I could.. Now I'm sure there are girls out there who don't mind gaming when it's done in moderation but I doubt there's any who would want someone for whom it is their life pretty much.

-My attitude towards women has shaped to bit of a misogynist over the years of being treated like crap by them and by reading the MGTOW and Red Pill-posts online and sucking all that hate inside me. Due to my AS I have also always been very rude towards even my best friends and have lost almost all of them through the years because of some of my actions or words that have been too much to take. This is something I have improved on a bit while maturing but I can still be very hurtful from time to time, especially when drunk.

-Speaking of being drunk, alcohol has also been a huge problem for me and has contributed loads on gaining weight and wasting money and losing friends. I have decided to quit drinking almost completely and will only drink on rare occasions now.

These are just some of the reasons I can think at the top of my head why I am not found appealing by women but I'm sure there are more which I myself don't even recognize but others do. All I can do really is do my best to work on improving my life and who knows, maybe some day a girl might even be interested.

Deep breath ! deep breath !

Drinking is a huge AS prob. On the one end it help loosen our mind so we can act like a neuronormal, on the other hand it creates probs health wise. Your right to drop it, but you may need to drop it completely. Else yoir prob wont go away it will return with vengence. I battle compulsiveness and alot of us here too. Its a aspie trait. Your weight will drop a lil but a tiny diet will help.

You can take a G.E.D program and take a highschool equivalent exam. A little college may not hurt. But it takes hard work and a good fight. Odds are video gaming takes alot of your time. Cut down but you dont have to kill it completely. Put some focus on classes trust me its worth it.

Part of this is also your attittude. Depression can effect how your health is over all. It makes you retain weight and it makes you drink. Also get out for a jog or a walk or somekinda relaxing outdoor thing. Start small and wotk you way up. A lite picnic at the park works.

Women wise i suggest lets get your other parts of life together first. If anything we all have to wotk on communication common aspie thing. I know weve all been treated as crap. It typical dispite it all you must keep your chin up. Its time to learn right ?

On a final note stay away from such negative forums k. They effect your mood. Drop it dont ween off k

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

02 Feb 2018, 2:39 pm

whatamievendoing wrote:
sly279 wrote:
whatamievendoing wrote:
sly279 wrote:
I play video games

I'm curious as to why you see this as a flaw.

According to women men who play video games are childish man babies.

Some women maybe, but certainly not all. Take note that roughly 50% of gamers today are in fact female. Heck, there are women working and getting recognition in the video game industry.

Ugh so I had bunch of quotes from surgery’s and stuff but good oh wp erased my post while I was researching more

So now you get the short version as I don’t have another hour to do it again

A large number of female “gamers” play mobile games aka cell phone or tablet games like candy crush. Only 9% of females who play games consider themselves gamers.
People who play games like candy crush still look at console gamers as losers.
Most mobile games are played on the goal to pass time while waiting to do something, while console players spend 5+ hours a day in front of their tv. I think this is the reason it’s seen differently.

The type of games women play is different too. One found women mostly play puzzle games, word games, etc. while men play shooters and action games. Which from my personal experience is true. The women who play console games I’ve met besides 2, play Nintendo games like Zelda, Mario brothers, final fantasy. They don’t like shooting games, like fallout, cod, battlefield, gta,etc. which means I had nothing in common with them still as even though we both played console games we didn’t play any of the same games and had nothing to talk about. And wouldn’t be able to play together:(

LegoMaster2149
Veteran
Veteran

02 Feb 2018, 3:00 pm

I have anxiety, ADHD, I suck at maintaining relationships, I fear rejection, I can sometimes be impatient, I hate it when people try to fake friendships with me, I have very low tolerance for certain noises, and I get "uncomfortable" thoughts from hearing certain words.

-LegoMaster2149 (Written on February 2, 2018)

Theamazinggeek
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

02 Feb 2018, 8:59 pm

LegoMaster2149 wrote:
I have anxiety, ADHD, I suck at maintaining relationships, I fear rejection, I can sometimes be impatient, I hate it when people try to fake friendships with me, I have very low tolerance for certain noises, and I get "uncomfortable" thoughts from hearing certain words.

-LegoMaster2149 (Written on February 2, 2018)

Tough combo anxiety and adhd.

The anxiety, maintaining relationships/ friendships is norm A.S

Low tolerance for fake friendships is apet peeve but i agree its stupid painful.

Low tolerance for noise and impatientence is side effects of adhd

Uncomfortable thought are kinda a.s typical kinda not.

Cool part is your in a cool place to talk about it that is any of your probs.always remember to stay frosty n chill. Gotta learn to relax

ZZZTired
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

02 Feb 2018, 11:17 pm

I'm not relatable, so I tend to fall into obscure and unique.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

02 Feb 2018, 11:23 pm

I conceivably can be brought to the point of violence, towards people who persist in playing juvenile head games with me.

VIDEODROME
Veteran
Veteran

03 Feb 2018, 5:47 am

I'm into kinky stuff and I'm not sure how to approach the subject.

My hope would be to just find someone into the same things on an appropriate dating site.

whatamievendoing
Veteran
Veteran

03 Feb 2018, 6:13 am

sly279 wrote:
I had nothing in common with them still as even though we both played console games we didn’t play any of the same games and had nothing to talk about. And wouldn’t be able to play together:(

That's a lie. You did have something in common with them - a mutual hobby. You had an opportunity to introduce them to the games you played, and you let it go to waste.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

03 Feb 2018, 3:48 pm

I have a sticky channel changer thingie in my noodle.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

03 Feb 2018, 4:35 pm

whatamievendoing wrote:
sly279 wrote:
I had nothing in common with them still as even though we both played console games we didn’t play any of the same games and had nothing to talk about. And wouldn’t be able to play together:(

That's a lie. You did have something in common with them - a mutual hobby. You had an opportunity to introduce them to the games you played, and you let it go to waste.

1. They found me ugly
2. They had no interest in games I like. Found them distasteful.
I don’t feel gamers are one hobby but a collection of bunch of hobbies. Just cause someone plays games doesn’t mean you’re have stuff in common. It’s the same with guns, someone who only owns bolt action guns wouldn’t get along with me as they’d think I’m horrible for owning simi auto rifles. People who play Minecraft only and find shooter games horrible and think they cause violence won’t get along with some who loves such games. Most women who play games don’t play shooters. Some do for sure. But a lot of them like puzzle games and building games like Minecraft. Those women I met Found violent games distasteful.