Page 34 of 163 [ 2606 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 ... 163  Next

Temeraire
Veteran
Veteran

22 Apr 2018, 1:08 pm

I have a licence to chill 8)

SaveFerris
Veteran
Veteran

22 Apr 2018, 1:09 pm

I have a license to ill :eew:

Hypocrisy is the greatest luxury. Raise the double standard

Temeraire
Veteran
Veteran

22 Apr 2018, 2:06 pm

SaveFerris wrote:
I have a license to ill :eew:

I have a licence to trill - la la la la la :)

SaveFerris
Veteran
Veteran

22 Apr 2018, 2:23 pm

:flower: :flower: :flower: :flower: I have a license to frill :flower: :flower: :flower: :flower:

Hypocrisy is the greatest luxury. Raise the double standard

Temeraire
Veteran
Veteran

25 Apr 2018, 4:37 am

I have the dreaded PIP form to fill out.

The next few months are going to be challenging to say the least.

One step at a time.

Just getting this bloody thing finished will be an incredible achievement. :skull:

neilson_wheels
Veteran
Veteran

25 Apr 2018, 5:14 am

Temeraire wrote:

Just getting this bloody thing finished will be an incredible achievement. :skull:

When I looked at applying for PIP there was advice available from the local Law Centre, maybe there is something similar in your area if you wanted some help.

Temeraire
Veteran
Veteran

25 Apr 2018, 5:52 am

neilson_wheels wrote:
Temeraire wrote:

When I looked at applying for PIP there was advice available from the local Law Centre, maybe there is something similar in your area if you wanted some help.

Thank you Mr Neilson.

I have quite a fear and dread around these forms.

There is an organisation which may be able to help but getting appointments are so difficult.

They are all pushed to their limits.

fluffysaurus
Veteran
Veteran

25 Apr 2018, 6:04 am

Are you trying on physical grounds? As I understand it the Aspie route involves having to communicate that you have an extreme communication problem, that they then assume you clearly can't have if you are able to communicate it. Having said that the way things are described on the net are not always up-to-date; my own experiences at the job centre where considerably better than I was prepared for.

Good luck. :flower:

Temeraire
Veteran
Veteran

25 Apr 2018, 6:36 am

fluffysaurus wrote:
Are you trying on physical grounds? As I understand it the Aspie route involves having to communicate that you have an extreme communication problem, that they then assume you clearly can't have if you are able to communicate it. Having said that the way things are described on the net are not always up-to-date; my own experiences at the job centre where considerably better than I was prepared for.

Good luck. :flower:

Yes I have several physical heath issues which deem me entitled to some kind of help.

Also the high court over-ruled some of the ways the DWP assess some criteria more recently.

My biggest concern is the inconsistency I get.

One of my best friends comes with me to assessments and is good at filling in the blanks for me when I get overwhelmed by stress. I would be lost without her.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

25 Apr 2018, 7:02 am

Hi from Portland, UK. WiFi sucks. See you folks in a few days.

fluffysaurus
Veteran
Veteran

25 Apr 2018, 12:57 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
All hail, kraftiekortie, literally, oh dear. Still at least the hail makes a change from the rain.

collectoritis
Veteran
Veteran

25 Apr 2018, 1:25 pm

007 = a british icon , that was the reference.......just as Hulk Hogan is an american icon (I know , Terry is no saint in real life but he made a huge impact in wrestling)

Trogluddite
Veteran
Veteran

25 Apr 2018, 1:31 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:

Hi there, nice to hear from you. Hope you're enjoying the beautiful Dorset countryside and hospitality. :D

Temeraire wrote:

This was something that my disability advisor had to drum into me, as it is so ingrained in me to diminish the severity of my traits after years of "passing". You really do have to highlight how you are on the worst of days - if you give any hint that your traits/symptoms are only "sometimes" or "occasionally", or that you have "coping mechanisms", it will be pounced upon as an indication that your disabilities are not severe enough to warrant help.

And do be prepared for the long haul. I applied over two years ago and have a second appeal tribunal hearing in a month's time, as the first had to be adjourned (itself over 6 months ago). I applied for both ESA and PIP at the same time. For the ESA assessment, I was awarded 17 "points" and immediately qualified for the "disability support" category. My PIP assessment was only three days later, and I was given zero points (how's that for a fast "cure" for autism?!) However, an autistic friend of mine who was in exactly the same position of getting zero points was recently awarded 20 at his final appeal tribunal - more than he scored previously under the old DLA system. So, try not to get demoralized if things don't go your way at first, you can get what the rules say you should if you hang in there!

Temeraire
Veteran
Veteran

25 Apr 2018, 4:09 pm

collectoritis wrote:
007 = a british icon , that was the reference.......just as Hulk Hogan is an american icon (I know , Terry is no saint in real life but he made a huge impact in wrestling)

Thanks for clearing that up - my brain didn't.

Temeraire
Veteran
Veteran

25 Apr 2018, 4:15 pm

Trogluddite wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:

Hi there, nice to hear from you. Hope you're enjoying the beautiful Dorset countryside and hospitality. :D

Temeraire wrote:

This was something that my disability advisor had to drum into me, as it is so ingrained in me to diminish the severity of my traits after years of "passing". You really do have to highlight how you are on the worst of days - if you give any hint that your traits/symptoms are only "sometimes" or "occasionally", or that you have "coping mechanisms", it will be pounced upon as an indication that your disabilities are not severe enough to warrant help.

And do be prepared for the long haul. I applied over two years ago and have a second appeal tribunal hearing in a month's time, as the first had to be adjourned (itself over 6 months ago). I applied for both ESA and PIP at the same time. For the ESA assessment, I was awarded 17 "points" and immediately qualified for the "disability support" category. My PIP assessment was only three days later, and I was given zero points (how's that for a fast "cure" for autism?!) However, an autistic friend of mine who was in exactly the same position of getting zero points was recently awarded 20 at his final appeal tribunal - more than he scored previously under the old DLA system. So, try not to get demoralized if things don't go your way at first, you can get what the rules say you should if you hang in there!

Yes I am prepared for the long haul as I don't make any assumptions being in the esa support group, the same as you.

I just wished it was all less stressful.

It is worse than the process of being diagnosed ASD. A lot worse and inhumane.

Trogluddite
Veteran
Veteran

25 Apr 2018, 4:33 pm

^ I have to admit to a certain shadenfreude watching the tribunal judge rip the DWP representative to pieces at my last hearing - the judge used all the correct legal jargon, naturally, but even I could sense the implied eye-rolls! Of course, it's not right that it falls on some lowly employee rather than the buggers who came up with the system, but it felt good to have a bit of a laugh about it with my advocate afterwards.