Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

teksla
Veteran
Veteran

02 Feb 2018, 2:07 pm

I am clinically depressed again.

I finally broke down yesterday and sought help. I tried going to my local health clinic but they didnt have an appointment before the 19th. I then went back to school and spoke with a teacher, with whom i went to the nurse. The nurse called my mom (with my permission and with me in the same room). The nurse went to the local clinic with me and spoke with them. They recommended I be transferred to the ER at a bigger hospital. The nurse followed me to the tram stop where my mom was waiting for us. I went with my mom to the hospital.
I had to briefly explain my symptoms, or rather the extent of them to the receptionist, who decided i needed to see a doctor and not just a nurse.
We waited there for about an hour, I'm not sure.

I spoke with the doctor for about 15-30 minutes, I think. We went through my symptoms and their severity. He ended up diagnosing me with a moderate depression. I got prescribed the same antidepressant i had when i first was depressed a few years ago, Escitalopram. I requested to get antidepressants. I also got prescribed Ketipinor, an atypical antipsychotic, which is used to treat anxiety and panic attacks. Both drugs are familiar to me and are effective.

I am on and off again detached from my emotions. My mom, who I am living with until tomorrow (when i go to dad's), has been really respectful. Hasn't asked questions, other than "do you want to talk about it?" but not pushed when I've answered "no". Let's me be alone, doesn't bother me.

Sarahsmith
Veteran
Veteran

02 Feb 2018, 7:03 pm

Well it sounds like you are dealing with your depression quite well. I hope you can feel better soon.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

02 Feb 2018, 9:03 pm

At least your mother respects you, and just leaves you alone when you need to be left alone.

teksla
Veteran
Veteran

03 Feb 2018, 2:33 pm

Sarahsmith wrote:
Well it sounds like you are dealing with your depression quite well. I hope you can feel better soon.

Thank you

teksla
Veteran
Veteran

16 Feb 2018, 10:15 am

My depression has taken a turn for the worse.

I struggle falling asleep and once i do, i don't sleep through the night. I no longer get enjoyment from anything. No stimuli is enough.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

16 Feb 2018, 10:56 am

I’m sorry you’re having it so rough.

It’s probably time to talk to your psychiatrist again.

And your therapist.

It’s a pity that psychiatrists these days can’t be both.