Page 2 of 2 [ 19 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

bobaspie2015
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

14 Feb 2018, 8:28 pm

None of the details you mention have anything to do with "schizophrenia".
Schizophrenics can have high executive skills, and high education, and still have the defining delusions of schizophrenia.
What exactly are trying to "help" him with?
Like everyone else above said he seems happy with his life.[/quote]
Honestly did they really say that! or perhaps you did not follow the conversation. I believe that latter is true.
OK doctor, if he does not have schizophrenia which was diagnosed by many professionals, the what is his condition?

Chronos
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2018, 8:33 pm

bobaspie2015 wrote:
I live with a guy who has been diagnosed as Schizophrenic. He has been Schizophrenic from a very young age, yet he has also denied the fact up until the last year or so.
His lack of knowledge bothers me some as he has NO desire to learn anything.
He is in his late 40's and we have known each other for many years.
I mean this guy has NO worldly knowledge. He would not know how to get on a suburban bus if I did not explain it to him. He has no idea of towns, cities, states or countries. He simply has NO knowledge of what is real.
What he does know is; how to report his support pension each fortnight, how to purchase cigarettes, how to purchase alcohol and that is about it.
My question to you who read this post is; how on Earth can I help him?

Apathy is a common symptom of schizophrenia. If he doesn't have any interest in learning then you can't really force it on him.

bobaspie2015
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

14 Feb 2018, 8:50 pm

Quote:
Apathy is a common symptom of schizophrenia. If he doesn't have any interest in learning then you can't really force it on him.

Honestly I let him be. I know of his delusional ways, yet I accept him just as he is. There is nothing I am able to do for him, but love him.