If You're Interested In Modular Synths

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

gscwubwubwub
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

04 Feb 2018, 8:42 am

There's this fairly new open source program (Win, Mac, and Linux) called VCV Rack] that i'm absoutely hooked on right now. Its a work in progress but still has worked flawlessly for me so far and has a very intuitive ui. Lots of free modules too including near 1 to 1 recreations of Mutable stuff (Like the Cloud). Some of these modules are discontinued so it's a big chance to help these things live forever.

Come share patches with us and learn how sound works without paying 10 grand for a modular setup! Not affiliated just really enthusiastic about sound design.

Trogluddite
Veteran
Veteran

04 Feb 2018, 5:36 pm

Thanks for posting, I love tinkering with things like this! :D

I've been using FlowStone (used to be called SynthMaker) for a long time to build my own VST plugins, and I've recently had a tinker with the patching system in Usine, but it's easy to get bogged down in coding and GUI design with those - they're good when you have a particular end result in mind, but not so good for just letting the experimentation flow in real time.

I'll definitely have a mess with VCV when I have a bit of down-time to see if I can come up with anything interesting.

gscwubwubwub
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

04 Feb 2018, 7:26 pm

Oh Flowstone is great fun! I can't wait until the vst bridge for VCV Rack is out so we can Frankenstein all these programs together. I plan on running it through patcher and max for live and everything else i can before looping that back through hardware. Should be fun.

redrobin62
Veteran
Veteran

07 Feb 2018, 11:36 am

When I had my studio I experiment a lot with Tassman 4, XILS 4, Arturia Modular V, and NI Reaktor. I wish I could get my studio back together again since I had so much work to do but little time to do it in.